• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Latest fx impact Belleville washer setup

"EliteAirgunr"I'm not 100% sure, but for impact you can tell if your gun has the new reg or the old reg by if it has a serial number. Older impacts with old piston do not have a serial number.
Also, the older impacts are put together as in the AOA video. Newer impacts are put together like ()()()()()()()(). 
The newest impacts will have a thicker washer. For now you can purchase a set of the stock washers and just double them up, (())(())(())(())(())(())(())(()). As stated above, this is only for high pressure setups. About 140+ psi.
All information is from the horses mouth :)
The double stack config you mentioned won't fit in anymore, as the spring stack is getting too long.
Measure the lenght of the stock stack, and go from there. I had to make mine a bit shorter, otherwise it did not work for me. (Reg. didn't seal anymore).

Regarding BV washers, when stacking them in alternating direction, the spring travel will increase with every disc you add, but the final force when the stack is fully compressed will remain the same.
That's also the reason why a shorter spring will FEEL stiffer, but it actually isn't :)
With a lower spring constant, the spring stack gets more responsive.
In case of double stacking, the BV washers needs twice the force to compress, but the travel remains the same. In a confined space for the washers, this also means that you are going to give up some of the total spring travel.
If you will stack them in other configurations, or make a mix with washers of different thickness, you can play around with the rate of progressiveness.
However, for a regulator setup that is not really necessary IMO.

Some examples, total spring travel will be the same for all examples:
()()()
(())(())(())
((()))((()))((()))
()(())((())) this will give a very progressive spring constant, responsive in the beginning, but max. force is the same as in the third example (triple stack)
Note that the room to build in a certain stack differs dramatically, considering the travel is the same for all stacks.

Hope it make things a bit more clear now, and I encourage everybody to try different stacks to find the best stack for your application :)

The washers that are thinner are going to flatten first but they should be using all the same size washer because the thinner ones can actually deflect or bend the opposite direction they might be looking for a progressive solution for the regs but I believe from what I've read from Bob Stern and others who are really well versed in regulators it's not a good idea to mix washer thicknesses to achieve different pressures but change the stack configuration with all same size washers would be a better solution I'm not a expert