• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Last question on hand pumping

Lets say I buy the Hatsan Blitz at .30cal... And lets say that the Blitz needs aprox 300 pumps to go from 120 bar to 250... A filled Blitz at .30 will give 100 shots filled to 250bar... So if I just want to shoot 10 or 20 pellets only... I would have to pump ±30 times for 10 and ±60 for 20 from 120bar? Or because it is low pressure it gives less shots per pump meaning I would need more pumps for these 10 or 20 shots? Thank you

I know but now I am talking about lower pressure from like 120 to 160 bar
We know you want to stick to a hand pump. Bottom line is no matter how you look at it, pumping a PCP is a pain in the butt, maybe not now, but it will be at some point. Especially with what you are seeking to achieve. I'd save a little longer and get a cheap compressor with the extended warranty. No matter how big, bad, and strong anyone claims to be, hand pumping it NOT fun. Get a springer.

Reactions: BurntDog
We know you want to stick to a hand pump. Bottom line is no matter how you look at it, pumping a PCP is a pain in the butt, maybe not now, but it will be at some point. Especially with what you are seeking to achieve. I'd save a little longer and get a cheap compressor with the extended warranty. No matter how big, bad, and strong anyone claims to be, hand pumping it NOT fun. Get a springer.
I want to start with a hand pump I dont want to get a compressor just for one pcp... When Ill buy a second pcp I will propably buy a compressor also

Lets say I buy the Hatsan Blitz at .30cal... And lets say that the Blitz needs aprox 300 pumps to go from 120 bar to 250... A filled Blitz at .30 will give 100 shots filled to 250bar... So if I just want to shoot 10 or 20 pellets only... I would have to pump ±30 times for 10 and ±60 for 20 from 120bar? Or because it is low pressure it gives less shots per pump meaning I would need more pumps for these 10 or 20 shots? Thank you
Kavliaris, you are obviously;
  • a gluten for physical punishment
  • love to exercise
  • want to pump more than shoot your gun
  • not sure
The advice from the many who have shared seems too have little convincing evidence.

I challenge you to follow through with your desired gun/ pump combination and provide us with real world data on how many "pumps" you are providing to achieve your real world expectation. There are many here now and in the future that will appreciate your input.
Your gun +your pump +reality=🤷‍♂️

Have fun and shoot straight.
Patrick

Kavliaris,
Maybe in Greece folks look at things differently, that I couldn't say, and I do admire your tenacity at getting this hand pump program figured out, however, a large group of us on this forum have "been there, done that" with hand pumping and can kind of see into your future. Try not to burn yourself out overthinking this, take 2L8's advice and go for it. Worst case scenario, you end up with a hand pump gathering dust in your closet, just like thousands of others. Best of Luck, WM

I've never owned a hand pump. Bought a Scuba tank in the beginning & had a shop fill it. When I went to higher pressure guns I switched to SCBA tanks that were filled also at a shop. That being said, IF I were a newbie trying to decide HAND PUMP VS. COMPRESSOR, all I'd have to do is read about this topic (with the VAST MAJORITY of responses being pro-compressor) I absolutely know what decision I'd make! Are you looking for useable, logical information or are you looking to VALIDATE a decision you've already made? Yes, SOME people can hand pump & don't mind but MOST people have gone the compressor route. Just spend the friggin' $50 bucks on a hand pump already & answer your own questions about "how many pumps to fill to....." & get on with the enjoyment of owning/shooting whatever you decide upon. Sooner or later you'll buy a compressor. That's MY humble opinion & attitude. Good luck.