Last night pig hunt...

Here you are... just a google translate from the official Dutch hunting association: (2200 Joules is approx 1622 Fpe)

b. red deer, fallow deer and wild boars: guns with at least one rifled barrel and bullet cartridges of a caliber of at least 6.5 millimeters for rifled barrel, the target energy of which is at least 2,200 Joules 100 meters from the barrel.
Cumulative requirements apply to the shooting of red deer, fallow deer and wild boar. A rifle with a rifled barrel and bullet cartridges with a diameter of at least 6.5 mm and a target energy of at least 2200 joules 100 meters from the barrel should be used.

With a caliber .243 deer can therefore be shot, but no red deer, fallow deer and wild boars can be shot.

have fun and happy hunting but maybe the truth will be somewhere in the middle .....

Great job, Kaeokini. That looked like the perfect shot and exactly the type of shot placement I had on the pig in my avatar. I used my Impact in .25 with JSB Heavy MK1s at 940fps. At 12 yards it dropped instantly with a muffled death gurgle. I say with any kind of hunting we have a responsibility to take ethical shots and with 70 foot pounds of energy in the right spot, it’s definitely enough. It makes us better hunters to have the patience to wait until we are confident in our own ability to make the shot. Airguns definitely have benefits in this type of application and only you know your abilities. 

I once took a grizzly bear with a .177 break barrel. I placed the shot right in his chocolate starfish. It tracked right up the dirt highway. he jumped right up and then fell splat to the ground.

Come to think of it maybe he just died from a heart attack. Happy Father's day everyone. Congratulations on the boar my friend I'm jealous.

I absolutely love boar sausage. Someday I'll be able to hunt one myself. 

https://youtu.be/zSepdk3cxMw

Here's some hog hunting with night vision and semi-auto powder burners. I would say a well-placed airgun pellet to the head is a lot more sporting and ethical than this type of Rapid Fire at anything that moves.

This guy really sucks. He started out strong with some clean kills. Now I wonder how he would enjoy being hunted like that..

1592963508_18538740105ef2b1b4db88b1.04741674.jpeg

.30 44gr Fx bobcat 880fps 20 feet or less range. Kauai, Hawaii. all to the dome 

that being said, the .30 often fails to kill the animal two more in the same family shot same time got up after seeming very dead and ran away 

I usually use a .58 cal xp airgun firing 433 grain Hollowpoint slugs at 900fps but this fx.30 is what I had in my hands when the pigs walked by

you guys both have a point more power kills more efficiently but also louder report scares em off

the 4 kills below and two that got away carrying lead in their skulls represent more kills than I woulda got using the .58 it was the stealth of the Fx .30 that allowed me to quickly and quietly kill the whole family instead of just one
As far as humane... hard to pin down killin stuff being humane, ive sent a few boar running with poorly placed 58 cal holes in their gut and couldn’t track them, probably their veterinarian wasn’t available at the time. and what’s so humane about humans anyway ?

MOD EDIT: INSULTING REMARKS BASED ON DIFFERENT ETHICAL BELIEFS REMOVED

Come on! Man!

Again your talking $hit about a friend of mine. It is his job to kill as many of these pigs as he can. Feral pigs cause over a billion dollars in damage here in Texas every year. Ranchers rely on us hunters to help control these pest. They are no different than rats in a barn to us. Please understand there are No houses, no people, no nothing within 10,000 yards of where he is shooting. Instead of whining and complaining, fly down here and book a hunt and see for yourself. Otherwise, quit giving us grief for what we believe and how we go about hunting these pest. Please.

Here you are... just a google translate from the official Dutch hunting association: (2200 Joules is approx 1622 Fpe)

b. red deer, fallow deer and wild boars: guns with at least one rifled barrel and bullet cartridges of a caliber of at least 6.5 millimeters for rifled barrel, the target energy of which is at least 2,200 Joules 100 meters from the barrel.
Cumulative requirements apply to the shooting of red deer, fallow deer and wild boar. A rifle with a rifled barrel and bullet cartridges with a diameter of at least 6.5 mm and a target energy of at least 2200 joules 100 meters from the barrel should be used.

With a caliber .243 deer can therefore be shot, but no red deer, fallow deer and wild boars can be shot.

have fun and happy hunting but maybe the truth will be somewhere in the middle .....

Well, you know you can hunt boar with hand grenades if your shot placement is good enough 😉... You can take them with a spear that is how the Hawaiians hunted them when I was stationed in Hawaii, dogs, a spear, and juevos the size of grapefruits. You have to let them charge you, you see. I saw one of the NCOs in the 25th take a goat with a bayonet by jumping on him from a tree on the Pohakuloa Training Range. So it isn't so much about the power you use, it's more about how you use the power you have. That's what makes you an ethical hunter, isn't it?

Damn, I didnt think a 25 cal would be able to do that... impressive.

Well, you know you can hunt boar with hand grenades if your shot placement is good enough
1f609.svg
... You can take them with a spear that is how the Hawaiians hunted them when I was stationed in Hawaii, dogs, a spear, and juevos the size of grapefruits. You have to let them charge you, you see. I saw one of the NCOs in the 25th take a goat with a bayonet by jumping on him from a tree on the Pohakuloa Training Range. So it isn't so much about the power you use, it's more about how you use the power you have. That's what makes you an ethical hunter, isn't it?

you are absolutely right. Boar killing with a spear is quit challenging I would say but it can be done . However it is needed to have the skills to do this. To kill a boar with .25 pellet also requires the skills to do this. The point is that many people trying these things do not have the right skills and in the first case ( with the spear) one will know that the hard way soon. In the second case ( with the .25 pellet) it is only only the pig rushing off and most likely dying in an ugly slow way. An amzing fact is that the more skilled a person is the better he or she is equiped to do what has to be done well. Minimizing the risks and failures.