• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Las Cruces informal shoot Friday 9/16

Tom, have you printed the practice target? You are welcome 1000% if it fits your schedule. If you can bring a target back and table that would be best. The range we want to use is public and we may have to wait for a table to open if we don't have seats and tables our own. There are a few target backs at 50y, again it may be beneficial to haul your own if you have it.

Targets are supplied by us . They are on legal size heavy paper stock. Text me at (5seven5) 6four4 zeroe321 if you want.

Tom, we are getting set for tomorrow. If you are not able to join us, I will be happy to send you sample pack of the targets. I will start a Private Message string with you for the details.

We will be on the last range to the West. Take Highway 70 from Alam0gordo to Las Cruces to I-25. Exit South toward El Paso. At I-10 and I-25 interchange take I-10 west toward Deming. Take the Corralitos exit (first exit past the airport). Enter the frontage road and go left (west) to the overpass. Turn right to enter the shooting range grounds. Follow the main road to the west end. I will be there in a White 4 door chevy truck.

We had a good day at the range. I was the only one to keep score. I spent the night before cleaning the gunk out of the Ruger's internals and the first card was pretty low while the gun settled in, again Yeah, that must've been the problem 😉.

I do not have a consistent torque value for the stock bolt, and I suspect that once I pay closer attention to those little variables, the better the overall performance will be. My scores ranged from 221 (cci) to 244 (cci). Norma ammo shot 237 and 241, gets the win today for consistency.

WYSHADOW shot a card with a new to him air gun, and he thinks it can do better.

John worked on form.

The new guy was setting his gun and scope.

Weather is exquisite for this time of year. Winds were 2-4 mph from the 4-6 o'clock.

Last edited:
Jim, I couldn't make it Friday, too much work. Yesterday I went to a mid range 600 yard match, dropped 6 points for the day and 5 guys beat me. I need to get out of that game.

I have a better air rifle ordered, we're welding up a more or less portable bench this week so maybe next time I can get down to Cruces. My amigos from SE NM are interested but it's too far for them. I'll be the guinea pig and find out from you what's going on and tell them about it. Hold on to those N50 targets, if we don't have any we'll try to get some.

I think this air rifle game might send me to the poorhouse. Please keep in touch about your next match.