• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Largest coon to date

IMG_4399.jpeg

I’ve taken a lot of large coons in the past couple of years with air guns mostly with the L2 with slugs. However, the new Zan Br 100 pellets have brought a new joy to fur hunting. The power pup dropped this 40 lb coon in his tracks at 50 yds. While the entry was not of slug proportions. The impact was much more significant. Looking forward to more heavy pellet offerings in the hades and Zan.

I suppose I will add this big boy to the air gun room of taxidermy.

@cparkerfishing That’s a big boy!! WAY TO GO! That thing needs to be memorialized. Do you mind posting your photo in the following thread?

So this is what I found on the internet, apparently the largest coon ever recorded came in at an astonishing weight of 75lbs!!! I'd be scared if there is a coon that size in my hood! I thought my 18lb coon was big and heavy! Holy cow!

The Record Holder: The Largest Raccoon Ever Recorded​

The largest raccoon ever recorded weighed in at 75 pounds. This animal was found in the state of South Carolina in the United States. This is an exceptional size for a raccoon, as most adults weigh between 10 and 30 pounds. The record holder was likely an older male, as males tend to be larger than females.

Reactions: Mr12PM and Hal4son
View attachment 432054

I’ve taken a lot of large coons in the past couple of years with air guns mostly with the L2 with slugs. However, the new Zan Br 100 pellets have brought a new joy to fur hunting. The power pup dropped this 40 lb coon in his tracks at 50 yds. While the entry was not of slug proportions. The impact was much more significant. Looking forward to more heavy pellet offerings in the hades and Zan.

I suppose I will add this big boy to the air gun room of taxidermy.
Wow... how tall are you? Trophy panda!!!

Reactions: George Mitten
So this is what I found on the internet, apparently the largest coon ever recorded came in at an astonishing weight of 75lbs!!! I'd be scared if there is a coon that size in my hood! I thought my 18lb coon was big and heavy! Holy cow!

The Record Holder: The Largest Raccoon Ever Recorded​

The largest raccoon ever recorded weighed in at 75 pounds. This animal was found in the state of South Carolina in the United States. This is an exceptional size for a raccoon, as most adults weigh between 10 and 30 pounds. The record holder was likely an older male, as males tend to be larger than females.
75 lb Raccoon? Holy crap, that's a lot of dog food gone!