Large diameter fairly accurate digital pressure gauge

Has anyone here tried this digital gauge from Aliexpress? Or perhaps one like it at a similar price? (Under $70)

1690725971581.png

Available in a wide range of thread sizes and pressure ratings. I am thinking the best option is the 40 MPA (5800 PSI) including 1/4 NPT and 1/8 NPT. They also list G 1/2 and G1/4 which would be G standard straight threads, but I am guessing NPT T fittings are going to be easier to find. I would imagine you would need to be more careful in handling the assembly with 1/8 NPT fittings so as to not damage them with such a large gauge attached at 90 degrees.

My plan is to have an inline, quick connect gauge on a T fitting with QD connectors on both ends, that I can use with my main compressor setup when filling tanks and guns so I have a more accurate pressure indication, but also for "calibrating" all the gauges I have on various guns and compressors. By calibrating I am talking about hooking the gun to a pressure source with the digital gauge between the two, then putting color coded paint marks at the max pressure point on the dial for each gun and marks at the most used pressures on the fill station and compressor gauges, such as 200, 250, 300 and 310 bar. None of the gauges on my guns, tanks or compressors read the same. Some are WAY off, usually in the lower pressure direction than most of the others. All but one of them which I will be replacing, give a consistent reading, just off from every other gauge.

Also looking for a source for a couple of stainless steel high pressure (6000 psi working pressure is preferred) T fittings and step up or down threaded adapters that aren't priced like they are made from gold if anyone has any suggestions.

Last edited:
Just a caution, digital does not necessarily mean more accurate. A digital readout just makes the determination for you rather than you interpreting the dial and pointer on an analog gauge. Accuracy and repeatability come from quality and design, and can only be really trusted if a "known good" gauge is used for comparison. It's not what you want to hear, but I have seen plenty of cheap electronic equipment with digital readouts that were not worth spit.

Just a caution, digital does not necessarily mean more accurate. A digital readout just makes the determination for you rather than you interpreting the dial and pointer on an analog gauge. Accuracy and repeatability come from quality and design, and can only be really trusted if a "known good" gauge is used for comparison. It's not what you want to hear, but I have seen plenty of cheap electronic equipment with digital readouts that were not worth spit.
Absolutely correct. Analog or digital is irrelevant. Any reputable manufacturer will provide accuracy and repeatability specifications for there design along with calibration certificates.

I have this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0796QCW71?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Meets my needs for an easy to read digital gauge.

Thanks for the link. I am guessing that one on Aliexpress should be fairly close in accuracy to the one on Amazon.

Here is one for $60 from China that looks the same as the one on Amazon but listed on ebay, so money back guarantee if it doesn't work and no hassle with dealing with non english speaking sellers on Ali if you have problems with the order.

Still looking for a place to buy stainless steel 6000 PSI fittings that aren't too spendy. I need three Tees and several adapters to set up 3 compressors for me and my kids with some fairly accurate gauges, valves to isolate the water traps / filters and other stuff.

Last edited: