• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Laminate stock defects on new Wildcat

I actually liked the way the imperfections looked. I think it looks better with natural occurring anomalies, but everyone's going to have their own opinion on that. Fortunately you did get it from AOA and in my experience they do have exceptional customer service. I rather feel as though when something looks too perfect, it looks fake or something.

The more I look at it the more I feel the need to retract my earlier post. Those actually look like little wood knots which would be more resistant to absorbing the stain due to the density. Should a manufacturer reject that piece of wood? Guess this depends on whether you like the look or not. For me I would be inclined to not like it, but I would probably keep it because after a few week I wouldn't care anymore. That's my suggestion.

Anyone remember this? 
I do. 
Airguns of Arizona doesn't. 

It was apparently their strategy to tell me they were eventually going to send me a new stock once they got some in a month or two. Ok, fine. I get that. It has now been 8 months and I honestly don't think they ever have even had the intention of sending me the stock. I've called them several times to inquire about it and gotten vague answers.

It's not hard to gain a loyal following from a customer base. You *exceed* expectations on a regular basis. There are a few companies I swear by because of this (swarovski, costco, nordstrom) and I buy their stuff whenever I can. 

Next time I am going to purchase air gun stuff or a high end airgun, I will do my best to steer clear of AoA.

I agree with bowwild iv bought many guns from Darren at aoa , iv been on the phone with them many times and always got the best service they offer, that said some people are very busy at aoa sure that stock should have been seen I agree. you have to realize that out of all the guns they sell I wonder what percent has had these issues and what has been done to fix them bet its more like 99 percentage all warranty work from factory shipping and they do the best to take care of there friends. yes they are all friends we just don't know what they look like. sorry for ranting on.
​D Breese

For people that like nice wood, that Michal Osyda stock maker offers nice Walnut bullpup stocks for around $300. The wood he uses is much nicer than most of what you see on factory wood stocks from any of the big names (except maybe Daystate). 

It is worth thinking about that given the premium some manufacturers charge for some very ordinary looking wood. 

This is just one man's opinion but if you are going to put up with the limitations of wood (and there are plenty), you should at least treat yourselves to some attractive highly figured high grade and well finished Walnut. 

I'm not really sure why the laminate version costs more than the Walnut on some brands. Laminate stocks are made from cheap wood which is artificially colored to give it a pattern. If you google laminate stocks, you'll see that they are usually at the cheaper end of the wood stock market.