Labradar on the way.

After weeks of debating I bit the bullet and bought a Labradar Chrony, along with the microphone trigger and SD Card.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 12.39.26 AM.1619243733.png

Good for you! Now here's what you wanna do with the airgun trigger adapter:

Get a black spraypaint can and do like the Rolling Stones! (I used the rubbery paint, but any black is ok)

This will transform the airgun trigger from an afterthought to a well thought out and seemingly belonging accessory!

IMG_9214.1619268079.JPG

The other things you want to do (as shown in the picture above) is get a powerbank (I put some orange vinyl on it, again to color match), get (3D print) the aiming thingy on top, (gogle Labradar on Thingiverse) and...this one will hurt when you do it, but you;ll thank me afterwards:

Cut (use a punchtool and/or Xacto) holes for the mic and the powerbank in the rubber flaps that are supopsed to be covering the ports when not in use. Because after a while of use the flaps wil not stay straight anymore and they will not lock anymore either to cover the holes.

When the through holes for the powerbank and mic are done just use some hotglue or double sided tape to fix the flaps permanently in postion and stick the connectors through.

Also no need to buy the crazy expensive baseplate Labradar offers, The one in the picture is a cheap bamboo cutting board(!) sawcut to size and with some cheap photo tripod adapters (Ali/Amazon) to fix the Labradar to Bob's your uncle!

Reactions: AlaskaAirgunner
Great idea painting the trigger black. Your unit looks good.

How big is your power bank? I saw some for 100,000 mAh and some for 200,000.

Careful. They sometimes use a trick/false capacity rating. If the rating seems too optimistic for the battery size, that rating is likely the lifetime throughput before the battery will no longer hold an adequate charge. charge_cycles x charge_capacity.

My 8000mah battery pack is rated for 90000000mah when using lifetime throughput. The 8000mah is the actual single charge storage capacity rating. The other is mostly meaningless for our purposes.

Look for a USB battery pack with a 8000mah to 10000mah storage rating.

Great idea painting the trigger black. Your unit looks good.

How big is your power bank? I saw some for 100,000 mAh and some for 200,000.

Careful. They sometimes use a trick/false capacity rating. If the rating seems too optimistic for the battery size, that rating is likely the lifetime throughput before the battery will no longer hold an adequate charge. charge_cycles x charge_capacity.

My 8000mah battery pack is rated for 90000000mah when using lifetime throughput. The 8000mah is the actual single charge storage capacity rating. The other is mostly meaningless for our purposes.

Look for a USB battery pack with a 8000mah to 10000mah storage rating.

Thanks, 8,000 to 10,000 mAh. Got it.