Labradar after dark

I was tuning on a rifle this evening, making hammer adjustments and shooting strings, recording data on the Labradar. As light was failing, so was the tin of pellets. I literally ran to the house and grabbed a new tin. When I got back to the gun, light was pretty much gone. I made about 5 more adjustments/ strings. All the shots but one jumped up almost exactly 100 fps. The one shot was in line with what I expected. I had reached the point where more hammer should give me less velocity. The one shot was lower as expected. The rest being 100 fps higher should not be. I'm not trying to get too deep into the weeds about tuning here. I know how to tune regulated guns. I do not know much about radars. I did not think light would affect them. I intend to reshoot those settings in good light and compare results, but I wanted to ask if there was something I was missing. Is shooting in front of the radar after dark no bueno? If so, why?

Well son of a gun. You nailed it. I looked at the tin by the light of day this morning, and the tin I grabbed were kings, not the mkii heavies I ordered. Just one tin out of the ten tins I ordered. I instantly remembered that there was one pellet left in the old tin when I started shooting again. That explains the one shot that made sense. I feel a bit silly not thinking of this last night, but I'm relieved it's not some big mystery or a radar quitting me.

• Haha
Reactions: JungleShooter
It really streamlines the tuning. They really need to upgrade the software all around though. I have an app. I feel like I should be able to edit the shot strings from the app. You can, if it's communicating with the labradar. Not much point in using the phone if the unit also has to be on. I also think the unit and app should have a bc calculator. These changes would make it much easier to collect data at the range, and then assess it at a later time without setting up your labradar in your living room and using an outside calculator for bc. If they made these changes I could work the data at McDonalds, or at church on Sunday. I feel like these changes along with better connectivity are long overdue and are more than paid for at the price they ask for their toys. Rant over. I'd still recommend it, and I'd still do it again.