• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

L2 stock moderator vs Behemoth what is length

Received my behemoth moderator today for my 350mm .25 Leshiy 2. Stock length with stock moderator 30 1/8in. Length with behemoth is 33.5in. it definitely takes the bark away. Wife said it was a major difference.
Got mine regulated at 220bar and pushing NSA.25 slugs at ~915fps.

View attachment 310190

View attachment 310191

View attachment 310192

View attachment 310193
33 or 38 grain nsa? And how many regulated shots do you get at that setting? The nsa are so damn tight in the magazine it knocks off like 20fps in my L2 compared to other slugs and pellets of the same weight. If you haven't tried the varmint knockers yet you should give them a try. The guy knurls them to .253 for the L2 and they shoot great. I have my reg set at about 165 and the 30gr get about 905-910 and the 34gr are about 870-875.

One other question: What's the length to the end of the handguard with the behemoth detatched? Trying to see if this setup will fit in my case.

Last edited:
33 or 38 grain nsa? And how many regulated shots do you get at that setting? The nsa are so damn tight in the magazine it knocks off like 20fps in my L2 compared to other slugs and pellets of the same weight. If you haven't tried the varmint knockers yet you should give them a try. The guy knurls them to .253 for the L2 and they shoot great. I have my reg set at about 165 and the 30gr get about 905-910 and the 34gr are about 870-875.

One other question: What's the length to the end of the handguard with the behemoth detatched? Trying to see if this setup will fit in my case.

Let me chime in on the NSA slugs. For the L2, NSA makes .254 sized slugs are specifically sized to perfectly fit the L2 bore and the new standard polymer mags ONLY and in my experience, they shoot great. They do not properly fit any other mag flavor including slug mags, metal or polymer. Any other slug sizes either have problems with mag fit, accuracy, velocity, or a combination of the above. .254 in standard poly mags is the way to go.

Let me chime in on the NSA slugs. For the L2, NSA makes .254 sized slugs are specifically sized to perfectly fit the L2 bore and the new standard polymer mags ONLY and in my experience, they shoot great. They do not properly fit any other mag flavor including slug mags, metal or polymer. Any other slug sizes either have problems with mag fit, accuracy, velocity, or a combination of the above. .254 in standard poly mags is the way to go.
The NSA do shoot great. They are just 20fps slower for me than the varmint knockers of the same weight and I can only attribute that to how tight they are in my standard polymer mags.(seat them In the mag and push them through with a rod you'll see what I mean) Like I said in my post the varmint knockers knurled up to .253/254 shoot equally a well for me at 20fps higher speeds . Just my experience. I'm a fan of NSA just ordered a thousand rounds a couple weeks ago.

The NSA do shoot great. They are just 20fps slower for me than the varmint knockers of the same weight and I can only attribute that to how tight they are in my standard polymer mags.(seat them In the mag and push them through with a rod you'll see what I mean) Like I said in my post the varmint knockers knurled up to .253/254 shoot equally a well for me at 20fps higher speeds . Just my experience. I'm a fan of NSA just ordered a thousand rounds a couple weeks ago.
Both 33.6 and 38gr slugs sized in .254 fit great in my poly mags, and don't require much effort to push through. I highly doubt they can be sized down by pushing through these mags. Metal mags are a totally different beast though: the 33.6 grainers require some serious convincing to get in, and the 38 grainers won't fit unless you drive them with a hammer. Are you sure your mags are in fact polymer, and not teflon-coated aluminum? They can be hard to tell apart as they both feel plasticky to the touch. Just for the heck of it: try loading a slug directly into the barrel, see if there is a difference in velocity?

I gotta try those varmint knockers though.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noob_to_this

Original setup using the 33.5 grain from EDGUN West. if I remember correctly I get 10 shots when filled to 300bar. Since then I have upgraded to the 470CC bottle and havent tried to see how many shots until it drops off but I've done at least 2.5 magazine before. Should of kept going to see when it drops off but didnt. I dont really plink and only use it when animals mess with my chickens :)

I have the older magazine style and they do go in tight. I run my thumb across all 8 so they are flush and noticed that after every shot then next slug in line is further inside the magazine and the shot after that also further in but not as much. I'm guessing air pressure is so high that some of it doesn't escape and pushes on the remaining slugs.

Reactions: Noob_to_this
Hornet compared to behemoth without reflex I think hornet is quieter. Hornet compared to behemoth with reflex, behemoth is quieter
thanks James.. that is useful information. There are many YT videos with folks measuring with dB meter. They demonstrate only a few dB difference between the OEM Baffle/ Huma Mod50/Behemoth, which is hard to believe. The original OEM is extremely loud if I remember right.