KY Jelly and O rings..

Anyone used it as an alternative silicone oil?
Me and the missus put it through a lot of friction so I know it's not flammable😜
I think you can only use it at the Probe to Barrel (Breech Oring), if you blow out on O-Ring we won't want to hear about it. :)
Smitty

I didnt realize you could create friction with that much of an air gap...

Pure silicone oil is cheap af and a bottle lasts a loooong time. Is it really worth trying something else?
1674772051303.gif

I didnt realize you could create friction with that much of an air gap...

Pure silicone oil is cheap af and a bottle lasts a loooong time. Is it really worth trying something else?
lmao,I was expecting a few burns!
yea I browsed the bay and saw how cheap it is, and just grabbed some HPA Nitro...hope that will do the job.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I was out in the MC earlier and ran across some Blaster silicone lube,Aerosol bottle.
Be careful if you choose to try the Blaster silicone since aerosols frequently have harsh solvents...something designed to evaporate leaving only the silicone, but which may or may not be good for the O-ring elastomer.

Your best bet is to use only pure silicone oil for O-rings exposed to sliding/movement, and silicone grease (e.g. automotive dielectric grease) for static O-rings.

Be careful if you choose to try the Blaster silicone since aerosols frequently have harsh solvents...something designed to evaporate leaving only the silicone, but which may or may not be good for the O-ring elastomer.

Your best bet is to use only pure silicone oil for O-rings exposed to sliding/movement, and silicone grease (e.g. automotive dielectric grease) for static O-rings.
I think I was using the Blaster on the zero turn or one of my small engines. I'll just wait for the HPA stuff and pick up some of that super lube that MongooseV8 mentioned.
Hopefully both of those will cover the moving and static rings/parts.

guess I'll mention the dirty knife (Monty Python reference).
What about Bow string grease if I had nothing else out in the field?

edit: Silly me, just ran across some silicone oil that was included with my hand pump.
I really am getting old!

Last edited:
When I worked in the dive shop rebuilding scuba regulators we used two types of O ring lubes. Regular Dow 111 silicone grease and Christolube MCG-111. Christolube is $37 for 2oz tube and will last you a lifetime. Silicone grease is $12 for a 5oz tube and will last about 20 lifetimes.
Christolube is an oxygen safe lube and is FDA approved but isn’t necessary on airguns. Most guys accidentally take it home from work. 😳
O rings, whether static or dynamic only need a shiny film, they do not need any visible layer of lube. When we opened an O ring kit we put a dab of lube in a tiny ziplock bag. Tiny, like inch and a half by two inches and put all the O rings in bag at once and worked them all around to get them coated. That’s all you need. Same goes for the part that the O ring will touch.