Kure for the Karens

I want to state at the beginning of this post… THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY!!!!!

I have a couple hundred acres of wooded land around my subdivision that has a few small walking trails on it, but also has some semi cleared out areas for utilities and such, and a couple years ago I did the homework to see about the legality of shooting air guns on it. I actually invited the county sheriff to my house to look at the guns, the area, and to tell me what the rules were specifically for this part of his jurisdiction. He was super happy for me to have done that and impressed with the guns, to the point he wanted me to come down to the station with them sometime to let the other officers see them. In the end he told me I was good to go as long as I “shot in a safe manner and direction”. 

Well, to get that property I need to walk through some of the neighborhood and get to a path set up to allow access to the walking trails and from there I can get off the beaten path and do my thing. Only recently has this been a problem with a few of the local Karen’s. They have put posts on NextDoor about it, and called the police etc. More of a pain in the butt than anything, but I have always noticed the kids in the neighborhood walking through the same path with their Airsoft guns to have fun, and never gotten any grief, so I decided to try something… I have wrapped parts of the gun in orange medical wrap to make it look more airsoft than air gun. I will report back when I have tried it a few times. 

3D961AE4-9F33-4B97-910A-64094B19F859.1643206571.jpeg

NextDoor is completely cancerous. Mostly Karens and tree huggers posting and if you disagree they'll have your posts removed or you banned. My wife was banned after hiring a housekeeper from the site and not giving her a great review. 

We know it's the noisy ones who make troubles for us all - mostly uneducated in what they yell about.

Curious to see how your blaze orange Airsoft setup changes things.

Looks good I have thought about doing the same many times but only shooting at the range as all of the new laws have basically outlawed airguns where firearms are not allowed. Some places airguns are even outlawed where firearms are allowed! 

The world is full of Karens these days the best Kure I can think of for them is to talk them into a nice brisk walk across the freeway. ;^)

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

I often pass through areas that have people hiking and dog walking, and even though I'm in an area that I could just have my AG out in plain view, I just keep it in my backpack until I isolated. It's not like I'm going to take a shot with them around, even if it is safe to do so.

Karen or not, many people just don't like guns and while I don't like it, I can respect it and not push my beliefs upon them.

With that L2 folded without that long ass LDC(?) that's a very packable AG that doesn't require going through those areas with wondering eyes fully extended just because you can.

I'd go as far as to dress as if I'm jogging and have a water bladder pack, and inside would be my packed AG broken down for transport. They wouldn't even know I'm shooting in the first place.

But I have to go that extra because IF ever any Karen was to call LEO on me with ANY gun related concern I'd be facing at a SWAT team with guns drawn, not just having a friendly conversation..

You should be more stealthy and wear a full gillie suit! 

on a serious note L2 is made for a backpack.

Can't shoot it from inside a backpack... the problem is the people walking on the trails seeing me with an AK47 AR15 Desert Eagle 1000 caliber sniper rifle (thats what they see when I pull out an impact etc) that I am trying to fix. Yes, walking around with an Edgun L2 is pretty easy, but honestly, with the way some of these people are (male and female Karens), they would likely have a huge problem with a man walking into the woods with a backpack as well. 

I am in the right and have the right to be there, but it takes a lot of the fun out of shooting when the cops show up. I can't shoot in my backyard anymore as the neighbor to the back of us got a Covid Puppy and now they are afraid I will hit it... I tried to explain that I wouldn't be shooting in that direction, and certainly not when there is people or pets around, but that didn't seem to matter. I need to move to the country....

On another note, I do wish the indoor shooting ranges would allow air guns... no idea what the issue is around me, but they are a no go. I can go to a few that are much further away but its also going to cut way way down on my flexibility of blowing off steam with lead.

But I have to go that extra because IF ever any Karen was to call LEO on me with ANY gun related concern I'd be facing at a SWAT team with guns drawn, not just having a friendly conversation..

Now that sounds like there is a lot of cool detail and about a 6 beer story behind it...

Anytime LEO responds with guns drawn all it takes is just one overzealous officer. Thus it's never quite a beer story at all.

This guy only had a pellet gun and it ended up costing him his life..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-shows-daniel-shaver-sobbing-and-begging-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/

And yes completely different set of circumstances, but I'll never take guns drawn LEO encounters lightly because anyone could be your last.

Reactions: qball
@titanflyer: sounds like the area is quite popular with people. Personally I would not shoot near the trail or anywhere I can even see the trail if there are people at all. While they may seem overly sensitive but put yourself in their shoes, you probably would react the same way and won’t want the possibility of get an eye poked out by accident on casual morning walks either. The world does not revolve around me. 

sorry to hear about your back yard situation and applaud your respect to your neighbor but as population grows and area we live in gets more populated it’s is completely unavoidable. In my back yard I shoot 3-8 FPE with extreme caution and stealth. Maybe you can put up a good sturdy fence so they can’t see you shoot? Also test your guns on 1 inch wood board(your fence material) at say 10-20 yards, if it can go through then you should not shoot it anywhere remotely near people. the easiest way to fix L2’s noise problem is to turn it way down, or get a low power gun for the yard after the fence.

You didn’t say who owns the acreage that borders your subdivision. Is it part of the subdivision or private property or city property? If it is part of the subdivision or city property the Karen’s could raise a stink at a borough meeting and get it closed to any type of hunting/shooting activity. It would only take one to do it. I have been hunting on a recreational lake property near my house for over 40 years. It has a hiking trail running through it that is used regularly and every year I run into people during the two week rifle season who adamantly tell me I’m not allowed to hunt on the property. I politely inform them they are wrong and to read the property rules posted on big boards in the parking areas. They just assume it just had fishing regulations but it states the lake and property is a regulated recreation property for fishing and hunting. I then ask if they can just give us hunters to have the walking trail during the short hunting season then they can have it the rest of the year and if not to please be aware and wear blaze orange when walking the trail for their safety. Works usually but I have had some real doozy’s that don’t believe me and say their going to report me. The Leshiy 2 looks too much like an assault rifle and so I haven’t taken it on public property but if I do it would be in my back pack. 

If I went walking around the hills near my house in Southern California with anything that expels projectiles, I’d probably be dead by now. You guys with large pieces of property or access to woods don’t know how lucky you are.

I do my best to make sure no one sees what I’m doing, even when I load my vehicle to go to the range.

And when I shoot in my back yard, it’s very stealthy. I hide myself and tell no one. Not a soul.

Such is life in the belly of the beast here behind enemy lines.