• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kratos 22 shot count?

How many shots would be expected from the Kratos 22 cal while still in the "node"? I currently run an Umarex Origin and honestly, I love the gun and it's accuracy. I keep it between 130 and 200 BAR since it's unregulated and I get 35 highly accurate shots (half inch or less groups at 50 yards and 2-3" at 100 yards). I'd like to get 50,60, maybe even 70 accurate shots on a fill. Would this be possible from the Kratos on the lower power hammer settings? I'm not looking for hot rod blistering speeds. I run my gun on the lowest hammer spring setting and I'm content with that. Just looking for a bigger bottled gun that is in the price range of the Kratos. I like the idea of a 200BAR max fill to keep the wear and tear(heat) off my compressor.

How many shots would be expected from the Kratos 22 cal while still in the "node"? I currently run an Umarex Origin and honestly, I love the gun and it's accuracy. I keep it between 130 and 200 BAR since it's unregulated and I get 35 highly accurate shots (half inch or less groups at 50 yards and 2-3" at 100 yards). I'd like to get 50,60, maybe even 70 accurate shots on a fill. Would this be possible from the Kratos on the lower power hammer settings? I'm not looking for hot rod blistering speeds. I run my gun on the lowest hammer spring setting and I'm content with that. Just looking for a bigger bottled gun that is in the price range of the Kratos. I like the idea of a 200BAR max fill to keep the wear and tear(heat) off my compressor.
You can also put a carbon bottle on the kratos. 40 shots on higher power in factory condition, i mever shot mine on low power

Reactions: dantiff2
No other Kratos owners out there? Is there something better that I should consider vs the Kratos? I'd like to get 50 or more regulated shots but can't spend more than 800ish$. Is that even possible?
Dan

As your Kratos is a .22, you will need to cut your stock hammer spring from 3.5” down to 2.8”.

The rifle is massively oversprung from the factory - resulting in poor efficiency (air usage) and a steadily declining shot string.

Once you cut to exactly 2.8”, you will have shot strings like the ones I’m showing for my .22 Cayden - only better because the Kratos has a much larger air tank.

You should be able to get 100+ shots with a spread of 25fps or less - once you cut the spring. Probably fill to 2,700psi and shoot down to 1,600psi.

I have a friend who is testing his .22 Kratos with 2.8” spring this weekend - I’ll ask him to run a shot string.

The only real difference between Cayden and Kratos is the Cayden has a slightly longer barrel and the Kratos has the bigger air tank.

-Ed

Cayden with 15g H&N shot strings.jpeg

Wow! That's exactly what I am looking for! I don't own one yet ; ) How hard is it to cut down the hammer spring? Simple and straight forward or does this require a major overhaul?

Its a 5 minute job:
Remove stock bolt
Take stock off action
Knock out retaining pin
Remove hammer spring
Measure carefully
Wire snippers to cut spring
Put hammer spring back in
Put stock back on
Rifle now kicks ass

You may want to cut slightly longer than 2.8” and then use a couple pairs of pliers to “flatten” the end of the spring - and also file off any sharp edge after cutting.

Groups are for guys with bad eyesight, lol - your 2.8” sprung Kratos will be able to do this: see attached.

Also, read my thread on the reximex Daystar (So you want a .177 Cayden) - its exactly the same interally as a Kratos - just in .177

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

Reactions: dantiff2
As your Kratos is a .22, you will need to cut your stock hammer spring from 3.5” down to 2.8”.

The rifle is massively oversprung from the factory - resulting in poor efficiency (air usage) and a steadily declining shot string.

Once you cut to exactly 2.8”, you will have shot strings like the ones I’m showing for my .22 Cayden - only better because the Kratos has a much larger air tank.

You should be able to get 100+ shots with a spread of 25fps or less - once you cut the spring. Probably fill to 2,700psi and shoot down to 1,600psi.

I have a friend who is testing his .22 Kratos with 2.8” spring this weekend - I’ll ask him to run a shot string.

The only real difference between Cayden and Kratos is the Cayden has a slightly longer barrel and the Kratos has the bigger air tank.

-Ed

View attachment 358931
Did your friend ever get around to trying the Kratos with the modified (2.8") spring?