I ordered a rifle from Krale and everything went well until it arrived at US Customs in NYC. It sat there for a week and they must have used it as a baseball bat because when it finally got to me the stock was broken, the spare parts were missing, and everything looked like they were just thrown back into the box. A week of back and forth emails to Krale finally got me a shipping label to send it back. Almost a month later I got my refund, but because the value of the US Dollar dropped, I got cheated $50. Another month later, I finally got the remainder of my refund.

I've purchased three P35s from Krale because there is no U. S. distributor. The first gun was a pleasurable experience. I did not get charged a customs fee and I had the gun in 3 or 4 days. The next two was a bit of an ordeal. They hit customs in Kentucky and stopped. I spent an hour on the phone with UPS to be told the invoice they use for customs was missing. They forwarded an email they sent to Krale when it stopped at customs. I got no reply to emails to Krale (they are slow, I am impatient) so I called them. I was on my home wifi and it did not cost me anything to make that call. They were very nice on the phone but getting them to send me the invoice UPS wanted was a bit of a chore. But they did and I sent it to UPS the way they wanted it. That freed the guns up and I got them a couple days later. When they arrived the invoice was on the box in a clear envelope. I do not know why Krale thought it was OK to ignore UPS's report of an issue with my guns. Krale spent a fair bit of time telling me there was no way they could be the issue. Seems to be true but it did not help anything. And they were kind of the issue when they did not respond to UPS. I was charged a few dollars customs fee on the 2 P35s. I paid that to UPS.

No way I would rather buy from Krale than PA. I've had nothing but excellent service from PA. But I will buy from Krale again when they have something the others do not or if the price difference is large enough. They are OK but U. S. customs is a potential obstacle you do not face buying from a U. S. supplier. I don't think the people I talk to at PA or Krale seem to know much about airguns but both have people who are obviously trained to be nice.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I ordered a rifle from Krale and everything went well until it arrived at US Customs in NYC. It sat there for a week and they must have used it as a baseball bat because when it finally got to me the stock was broken, the spare parts were missing, and everything looked like they were just thrown back into the box. A week of back and forth emails to Krale finally got me a shipping label to send it back. Almost a month later I got my refund, but because the value of the US Dollar dropped, I got cheated $50. Another month later, I finally got the remainder of my refund.
My advise and just my thoughts is don't buy anything "gun" related if it has to imported through US Customs. Do NOT want to side track the thread, but if you do a search under "US Customs" on these forums you'll find threads about issues others have had with importation of shooting related items. No desire to disparage Krale or any other quality product made overseas but there are importation risks with US CBP when it comes to "guns". Regards, Badger

Last edited:
So they ship to NY? I'm in Suffolk and I'm thinking of an additional rifle from them.

I bought a Kral rifle from...Kral ! An Empire XS, in .22 (the short version) .
To be honest...I didn't pay any attention to any extra costs, BUT, I was concerned about customs, reading all of the horror stories.

Mine got to me in just less than two weeks ! At least from the time they told me that it was on the way.

And on the very positive side, I had NO problems with customs. The packaging tape holding the box closed had NOT been tampered with. NOT over taped, and NOT removed and retaped. Removing tape leaves torn cardboard box, the box that I received had no evidence of any tape removal.

How did I get lucky...I don't know !

Mike

I bought a Kral rifle from...Kral ! An Empire XS, in .22 (the short version) .
To be honest...I didn't pay any attention to any extra costs, BUT, I was concerned about customs, reading all of the horror stories.

Mine got to me in just less than two weeks ! At least from the time they told me that it was on the way.

And on the very positive side, I had NO problems with customs. The packaging tape holding the box closed had NOT been tampered with. NOT over taped, and NOT removed and retaped. Removing tape leaves torn cardboard box, the box that I received had no evidence of any tape removal.

How did I get lucky...I don't know !

Mike
That's a beautiful bull pup at a great price(y) I am just twitchy about ordering anything gun related from overseas. I had an airgun moderator seized by CBP in late spring and am probably "on a list".

If any company imports and resells the Empre XS domestically I would order one for my next PCP, that thing is beauteous and I'm NOT a bullpup fan. Regards, Badger