Krale shipment held up

Even though I have purchased most of my airguns from the terrific domestic suppliers, every once in a while, Krale will have a rifle not stocked by AOA, PA, or the other “typical” airgun houses.

Heretofore, I have had unbelievable Krale/UPS service as their rifles typically arrive within three days of order.

I needed another winter “tuning project” so on January 16th I ordered a Weihrauch 77 long in .22. It was released on the 17th to UPS. Below you can see the tracking where it went to Louisville, Ky - only 180 miles from where I live in Indiana, then went back to the east coast, then “cleared” customs on the 20th, but remains in a warehouse on the east coast with no movement since the 20th. I have no idea why it would go the the center of the US and close to the final destination and then be sent 1000 miles away.

I called both UPS international and Krale today and both parties claim there is nothing they can do about it and I just have to be patient until it arrives someday.

This will be my last experience purchasing from overseas as I don’t like having a contract to purchase from someone who can’t control the delivery outcomes.

I am certain Krale is very reputable but the variable of the US Customs Service and having to have it shipped all over poses not only the potential for a lost shipment but exponentially greater opportunities for shipment damage as well.

CD263BA7-1791-4D08-BC76-FFCC2012B3F2.png

I know exactly how you feel. It’s possible US Customs is very very busy but not being able to learn anything is frustrating.
I have absolute zero trust in any carrier. I will say I’ve been pretty lucky with them but it’s just a matter of time.
I’d trade a long unjust wait to a smashed package any day.
Hope it arrives safely.

Reactions: dgeesaman
I had something similar with both UPS and USPS putting stupid geographic dog legs resulting in long delays on stuff I sent within the continental US. It's not necessarily a customs things. I'd put the blame on UPS. Once a carrier takes a package there's nothing the shipper or receiver can do to control it. It's been nine days since you've ordered it from another continent. I wouldn't consider that crazy long. I understand your anxiousness, because normally things get delivered crazy quickly from Krale, but it will work out fine in the end.

I understand your frustration. I was just thinking, in the old days, before tracking was available, we would order something from Europe and expect it to show up in 2 or 3 weeks, maybe it would. I've had domestic shipments take crazy circuitous routes before delivery also. I think some of it is human error, and sometimes it may be due to the automated assignment of packages to trucks and planes, based on availability. Sometimes, we are the victims of technology and too much information. I expect your package will show up in good shape, good luck.

Hello everyone,

It is not Krale, it is our wonderful Postal Service and the US Customs. I had a scope come from the UK in two days.......and then it sat in US Customs for almost two weeks. Could not trace it, they offered NO current information and then without any email update, USPS delivered it to me.

ThomasT

Agree with Thomas T, it's not Krale. I had the same thing happen when I ordered a rifle from Canada Shooting Supply once.

You need to call UPS and have them verify the shipment is yours and they'll send you an email to fill out your identification. Basically they seen a rifle on a scan and then probably opened the package and played with the gun but probably belive it's a firearm and it didn't go to an FFL. Hope they didn't destroy the hard case like they did mine and just went "oh well"

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

It is not Krale, it is our wonderful Postal Service and the US Customs. I had a scope come from the UK in two days.......and then it sat in US Customs for almost two weeks. Could not trace it, they offered NO current information and then without any email update, USPS delivered it to me.

ThomasT
Same here a package held in Chicago US custom 22 days ?????????????

Reactions: ThomasT
At least you know where it's at. Imagine it being 1889 and having no clue if or when something would arrive. It will show up and no reason to limit your purchase options for something that Krale or UPS have no control over. I have made a handful of purchases from Krale myself and my last shipment was delayed in Germany. It's here now and the universe is stable once again. 😆👌🏼😎

Well it is like this; waiting and patience is a virtue.I have over 2000 items sent to me, some from overseas, sometime it took 4 weeks, sometimes 5 days.
I know it is frustrating to try to figure out the why and how-comes......does not matter,just relax, we have all been through this and this topic comes up a lot.
Your not in controlo_O

Just to be clear, you do understand Krale is GOLDEN and completely fault free, right? And if not, you do understand large American companies and bureaucracies are not particularly EFFICIENT, right? And that situation has devolved exponentially in the last couple years, right?

All my buying experiences with Krale have heightened my awareness of all the above exponentially to the chasm between their stellar service and the nearly universal ABYSMAL service that has become "the new normal" in the U.S.

Just sayin', let's assign blame to it's rightful place(s).

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
Not USPS in this case but UPS.

I agree with @elh0201. The only issue so far is you being privy to too much information. Contrary to how we live now with everything at our fingertips, sometimes we just have to be patient. No matter how much control any dealer has over shipping, we will always be at the mercy of those who handle shipping. I’ve been waiting for a fitting I ordered on Amazon since before Christmas. Gun is just sitting waiting for it so I can shoot. But life goes on.

I bought my three P35s from Krale. I first ordered the 25 caliber in October of 2021. When Krale finally got them back in stock I ordered a 177 and 22 in May of 2022. The 25 caliber went great, I had it in about 4 days. But it took about two weeks for the other two rifles and I had to pay a customs fee. I think the fee may be a value of the order kind of thing but I don't know that for sure. After I saw the rifles sit in Louisville for several days I started calling UPS. I had previously emailed Krale and received no response. I had to spend over an hour on the phone to finally get a person at UPS that seemed to know anything or care about my shipment. The lady said the package was missing the shipping invoice. I had to call Krale to get them to send me another shipping invoice, they would not send it to UPS, and I sent it to UPS. Next day the rifles moved out of Louisville and I had them a day or so later.

I found a shipping invoice on the outside of the box when I got it. I suspect it was always there. Was it customs that could not find it or UPS or both? But UPS sent me a note they sent to Krale when they had a problem and their email did not get answered either.

My experience is you will get at least much quicker service from Krale if you call them. I called them on my cell phone from my house where it was on the internet and it didn't cost me anything for the calls. I don't think they ever answered an email. But I am not sure they did anything wrong other than being unresponsive when contacted by me and UPS by email and basically refusing to try and fix things with UPS. I don't know if the bigger issue was UPS or customs. It was hard to find a person that seemed to be able to help at UPS but I was persistent and it worked.

Good luck. I don't know if what I did was right but it worked.