• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Krale FX Crown trigger upgrade?

What's the lowest weight that a Boss trigger can be set to?

FX's definition of a "Match trigger" differs greatly from mine!

The regular FX triggers don't deserve the term "match trigger" IMO.

But I have to admit that the Boss trigger is by far the best unit of all FX guns ever made, it feels great, and does deserve the term "match trigger" if you ask me. 

I wish my Impact trigger was that good😉

Yeah, when the Crown first came out it was offered with "an optional match trigger". When I asked the dealers what I needed to do to get the match trigger, they said they all came with "match triggers". What a disappointment it was when I got it!

I spent most of yesterday tuning my Crown. I decided afterwards to pull out my 20 year old AA S410 that I haven't shot in over two years. It took me 30 shots to get to the point I wasn't blasting through the second stage because I'm so used to the excessive weight of the Crown! Left me wondering why I'm "wasting" my time fooling with the Crown. The S410 was a total frustration free joy to shoot. Shaking my head. Ball bearing detents DO NOT belong in triggers!!!

So that's what sent me looking for any way to upgrade the Crown's trigger, and finding Krale's site...

Reactions: qball
The standard FX trigger is indeed a strange animal, amazing it works as well as it does. But, yes, a match trigger it ain't! My Royale 400 trigger can be adjusted to a let off of a bit less than 9 ounces, and I would guess the first stage stop is 3 ounces or so. The release is fine, and it is a perfectly acceptable field and plinking trigger. If adjusted any lower, the first stage return is lost. If the first stage spring is removed, then I can get a light and consistent release, but of course there is no trigger return, so it would be strictly a bench-only setting, not safe for the field. But I'll keep it as a usable half-pound trigger, and see what the Boss "match" trigger yields. In looking at the design, it seems the long lever is somewhat analogous to a first stage sear, so I'm hoping its leverage will allow a lower release weight. The first stage trigger return appears dependent on the dual use of a single spring, so it's still a type of hybrid two-stage trigger, but then most triggers labeled as "two-stage" are not, but some operate very well. We'll see. 

It is not adjustable for weight by turning screws, but you can experiment with different springs. 

It can be set really light, but in stock form, it is actually already very nice.

Adjustment can be a bit of a PITA to set correctly, but it is worth it. 

It is not adjustable for weight by turning screws, but you can experiment with different springs. 

It can be set really light, but in stock form, it is actually already very nice.

You can change the trigger weight of the boss style trigger, in the top blade there are 4 screw holes and only two are used (to create the second stage trigger feeling). By moving screw around over the 4 holes you can change the weight and feeling because you change the leverage with those.

The Boss trigger and this Crown trigger upgrade are not 100% the same if I recall correctly but the difference is in the safety set screw. If this is not long enough then just order a longer one. I used the upgrade for 1,5 years and really enjoyed the upgrade! Also put the same triggers on other match shooters Crowns and all found it a real improvement.

Have a look over here to find some more info Instagram post. There is also some more info on my instagram page on how to make the original trigger better.

You can change the trigger weight of the boss style trigger, in the top blade there are 4 screw holes and only two are used (to create the second stage trigger feeling). By moving screw around over the 4 holes you can change the weight and feeling because you change the leverage with those.

The Boss trigger and this Crown trigger upgrade are not 100% the same if I recall correctly but the difference is in the safety set screw. If this is not long enough then just order a longer one. I used the upgrade for 1,5 years and really enjoyed the upgrade! Also put the same triggers on other match shooters Crowns and all found it a real improvement.

Have a look over here to find some more info Instagram post. There is also some more info on my instagram page on how to make the original trigger better.

My limited research of the Boss trigger indicates that the Boss trigger has been redesigned, and that the one with the multiple holes is no longer available...

Nice marketing !
We spend a lot of money for an airgun and we need, new gauges, better reg, new trigger, a lot of liners, plenums, extra rail, magazines

I have a friend who bought a dreamline and cost him after a lot of extras more than an Impact !

Are realy guns or a "lego toy" to play with ?

I keep kicking myself every time I invest even more money into this platform! Probably good money after bad, but I'm too deep into it now. I'm hoping the trigger is the last fault that needs to be fixed!

I keep kicking myself every time I invest even more money into this platform! Probably good money after bad, but I'm too deep into it now. I'm hoping the trigger is the last fault that needs to be fixed!

Maybe my experience is atypical, but my Royale 400 has been perfect, haven't spent a dime on it. And frankly, for field use, the standard trigger (bastard design that it is) works just fine. But, I'm hopeful the match trigger will allow a lighter release, and a bit wider range of adjustment. 

I bought a Hatsan Novastar for 600 €
The same carbon bottle with FX, Daystate, etc
A perfect walnut stock
If the stock cost about 300 € and the bottle 250 € = 550 €

The other gun is free !
Aaa forgot to mention that the gun costs at Turkey 350 € only retail price ...

Cool, i got a new pair of shoes last week.

I bought a Hatsan Novastar for 600 €
The same carbon bottle with FX, Daystate, etc
A perfect walnut stock
If the stock cost about 300 € and the bottle 250 € = 550 €

The other gun is free !
Aaa forgot to mention that the gun costs at Turkey 350 € only retail price ...

Cool, i got a new pair of shoes last week.

lol Glem