Krale from the Netherlands today? Good, bad, other?

Ordered HW97 from Krale in May 2022. Item came to my town within 4 days but was sent back to customs for an address correction. The package was held in a warehouse for about 5 weeks. I had to open an investigation with UPS in order to get the package moving again. Finally the package arrived but the box had a couple of holes in it. The inner box was not secure to the outer box and was careening around. I guess customs had not repacked the paper around the inner box correctly.

The rifle arrived broken in two.

The stock had broken in half right at the hand grip.

I called Krale. They sent a new stock but I had to wait for their supplier to send one to them. After 10 more days I had the new stock.

A few days later Installed the new stock. It fits good but not perfect. It seems to sit slightly to one side at the base of the barrel where it joins to the receiver.
It's really not off that much that I would send it back but not the "legendary" fit and finish I read about either.

I think Krale did all they could. Answered all my emails quickly, sent a new stock out. They got the deal done. OK they could work out the issues with entering the shipping address on the web site because others have had issues with this also. They could package the item better considering the internationl shipping. I am happy to do business with them but these are two areas that probably should be worked out.

There are inherent issues with purchasing and shipping overseas. If it were a domestic seller I would probably send it back for a better fitting stock. But after this long wait, I am just going to go shoot the darn thing.... .. Shoot with the darn thing.

Other than that all is well, and the other aspects of the rifle are impressive.

I hope this helps,

Henzo

View attachment 20220617_213608.jpg

View attachment 20220617_213808 (1).jpg

View attachment 20220708_111021.jpg

Last edited:
I'm debating an order from Krale. How are they during the current craziness with all the COVID impacts?

I am looking at options above $800 so, what should I expect with surcharges from UPS and US Customs?

TIA, Sid
I've only purchased Weihrauch Springers from them (maybe 15), but their service and shipping are fantastic!

My first P35 order with Krale last October went great. I had the gun in about 4 days with no issues. My second order in late May did not go well at all. It looks like the problem was UPS and/or US customs missing the fact that the shipping invoice was on the package in a clear envelope thing. But when I figured out that my guns were stuck in Kentucky at UPS my emails to Krale (2 a day apart) were never answered. UPS's website said they were missing paperwork. I called UPS and they said the same thing and said how to send it. I called Krale and forwarded the information UPS sent me but Krale sent me, but not UPS, the shipping invoice. So I forwarded it to UPS using their instructions. Then and only then the rifles started moving again.

Krale was very polite, they speak English very well, and I don't think they did anything wrong on the shipment. But once I identified an issue, they failed to address my email requests and their attitude when I called them was not the greatest. They wanted to help but also to spend a lot of time assuring me they had done everything right and they couldn't possibly be the issue. I did not know exactly what the problem was, I just wanted my rifles. That is what I told Krale. When I got the rifles and saw the shipping invoice on the box I told them so. They sent me another note which said essentially "told you so".

They sent me an email request for review when I still did not have the rifles. So I gave them a bad review. That seemed to bother, possibly motivate, the man helping me. I later gave another review where I rated them a 3 - mediocre. That is what I think of their performance this time. If they had simply sent UPS another copy of my shipping invoice when they asked for it I would have had my rifles about a week faster and would have avoided all the emails and phone calls. They seem to feel they've done their job when they get the goods to UPS. I don't think so. I think their job is over when I have my order. They also do not pack or ship or answer questions on weekends, only during the week. They'll take orders on weekends, however. It took them two days to ship my most recent order - not bad but not great either.

But I will buy from them again if either their price is really good or if they are the only ones offering what I want. I don't think they are bad to deal with, but not that great either.

I bought my Snow Peak P35 from Krale last October. I had no customs fee but paid about $50 for shipping and had it in a few days. No issues with the gun. I plan to buy another as soon as they are in stock. I would prefer to buy from a U. S. supplier but there isn't one for this gun. My P35 showed no signs of the packaging being opened during shipment.

I did not anticipate the foreign transaction fee my Master Card charged even though I had traveled internationally and knew about it. Next time I plan to use a different card. It wasn't that much but would buy a tin of pellets, maybe two.
HOW DO YOU LIKE THE P-35??

My experience wasn't quite as good as others. I ordered a Kral rifle from Krale on a Sunday. It shipped Monday and was in the US by Tuesday. The rifle sat at US Customs all week and was finally released the following Monday. By the time I got it the box looked as though someone ripped it open and haphazardly taped it up. When I opened the case, all the additional parts that would have been in boxes or bags were out and literally thrown back in the case. Worst of all, the plastic tactical stock was broken in half. I contacted Krale and sent them photos. Three more emails and a week later I got a return shipping label from them and sent it back. Two weeks went by and no communications from Krale regarding a refund so I contacted my credit card company. When my refund was finally processed the US Dollar had dropped since when I placed my order so my refund was $80 less than what I paid. Another month went by and in the meantime my credit card had disputed the $80 loss and I finally got the full amount.

I don't entirely blame Krale, they shipped the rifle on time and did (eventually) give me a refund, but between US Customs and dollar fluctuations I probably won't go through that again.

Sorry you had this negative experience. I had a similar run as you see in my post above. I originally thought I would have to make a claim to UPS in order to be reimbursed. I was relieved and happy with Krale that they simply requested pictures and then sent me a new stock as soon as they could. I didn't have to deal with the UPS claim. That was so nice.

I am really enjoying the HW97 and would not be able / willing to afford one if not for Krale. For that I am highly grateful.

I'm surprised that a polymer stock would break just like the wood. I just thought the grain in the wood was running straight and not down through the handle. The impact must have found a week spot in the wood. But a polymer stock? Must have been dropped pretty hard.

I think Krale should consider shipping the stock and barreled action separately... But what the heck do I know.

I received notice from a Krale sales guy, that the Empire XS that I ordered, will be shipped. Per the E-mail, it is supposed to be at my door on Monday (07-11).
If...this comes to pass, Krale MUST have a warehouse or some sort of outlet on the West Coast.
I just talked to them on the phone (yes, the Netherlands) on Wednesday (07-06) to finalize the purchase. I received the shipping notice e-mail on Friday (07-08), mid-morning.
So...that's two and one half days from shipping notice info to drop-off ?

Will let you know...

Mike

I maybe on the way to a bad experience with Krale. I ordered a P35 on Monday at 4 AM my time 1 PM their time. As of now Thur morning for me I have received no email on shipping and when logging in on to their site it says the order is processing. So much for getting it within 4 or 5 days like others have stated. It showed it was in stock so don't know what's going on. Wrote them yesterday to see when it would be shipped and no word from them as of now. There is a 9 hour difference time wise so if nothing by tomorrow maybe I will try calling them.