• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher Monarch in .22

Any one here have any experience with this rifle ? I want a bull pup for grass rats and rock chuck hunting. Akela come highly recomended but Monarch has features I find attractive over Akela. Where and how scope base is affixed, barrel band from factory, larger tank at 330cc and shot ability per tank upwards of 70+. Both rifles made by Kral, I have the Kratos and love it.

Any feedback appreciated

What is a semi-pup vs a pup ?

A bull pup rifle is one whose action is located behind the trigger instead of in front of it. This creates a weapon that is lighter and more compact and maneuverable than conventional rifle designs with the same barrel length, maintaining the same muzzle velocity and effective range. 

download.1639964746.jpg

Sermi bull pup is just another variation of a bull pup but with an action that is not set back nearly as far behind the trigger. This creates a slightly shorter rifle but not as short as other bull pups designs that have their actions set back as far as possible in the stock. A lot of the Brocock models would be considered semi bull pup. With the semi bull pup design you can typically mount the scope closer to the bore because you cheek weld isn't directly on top of the rifles action.

download 1.1639964761.jpg

I contacted Kral direct, they have it in stock for $599 and plenty of magazines. I also contacted Troy Hammer who says hands down the Monarch better of the two rifles. Monarch easier to tune.

When you look at the constant complaints of the Akela no barrel band and it needs one, scope base not in line with barrel and poorly secured as the mount for a bi-pod. The monarch addressed all of these with a 330cc tank over the 280cc akela. It is not a cricket but it is also $800-900 less.