• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher Mega, missing manometer O-ring?

Im just stunned that there is no O-ring under the manometer, I have a very slow leak, and beside some nicked orings, this is suspect.

here you can see: https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Kral-Puncher-Exploded-Diagram.pdf

At 26 should be an oring, but there was none under mine 😠

I will try something that could fit, but still confused as there is a step down in diameter after the threads on the manometer where is screws into the endcap, so Im sceptical to put a normal orings there, to me it seems would be better having some kind of delrin washer... 

Now Im stuck, cause if the leak is here, and there is no way I could make a delrin washer, but if an o-ring would be ok, then I could probably find one.

Do any of you with a Kral Pucher remember if there is an oring or washer or nothing, please tell me ...

Mine is 2018 year model, and it probably was a black plastic washer under, as I could se some casting from the steel of the flat surface at the bottom of the gauge.

Did exchange all orings I had after cleaning up the tube and valve and fillport, lubed it all up, lets hope it is all good now.

One thing I noticed: On the endcaps both sides of the tube, there is a big oring like 26x3.5mm and also a small one just before the threads, seems to be around 26x2mm.

I did exchange the 26x3.5 wich I had, but one of the 26x2 had a little nick on side, and I dont have this size, so I put back the old ones after cleaning it all up and new lube.

But what does that thinner one do? never seen this before on any endcap, Hatsan don have this, they only have the big one far out. Does the thin one keep the threads protected from getting water on them? or just making sure the endcaps go straight in...... ?

I have 4 Mega rifles. None have ever had orings on the manometer. One was the last new (Non Referb) Pyramyd had so it is the most current. One of the others came in the first shipment of Kral guns to the US. There's a black hard rubber flat seal in the bottom that seals to the manometer. Same as what's in the burst disk hole. They added the extra o'ring on the end of the threaded side of the valve on the newest guns. I hoped it was to seal on the thicker part of the tube to increase fill pressure but that wasn't the case. It's really not even necessary since the large oring still seals the tube. 

Yes, easy solution too. The o-ring inevitably suffers when I take off the end cap of a PCP gun to adjust the regulator set point with my self made tool. After re-fill, the area around the seam between the cylinder and end cap then sometimes becomes a bit greasy after a few days. Silicon grease oozing out ... Slow leak ! Time to replace the rings (if I have spares) and, for sure, whip out the teflon. 

Those leaks, and the ones around the pressure gauge thread, are the easy ones to cure. Much more scared of the ones around the poppet in the valve 😨

🐦