• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral puncher jumbo .25

I have one but I got a Troy Hammer tuned gun straight from Troy. I'm sure that a lot of the FX brand loyalists will turn up their noses, but compared to my 25 Crown, the few differences for me are that the Crown is smother shooting. By this I mean that I don't feel the hammer striking the valve as much in the Crown. And the Crown has a better trigger. Not saying the Jumbo trigger is bad by any stretch but the Crown's trigger beat it. Everything else is miniscule. The Kral has better wood and I can shoot them both the same as far as accuracy. The Crown is regulated but the Kral's valve is just as consistent. I get 55 shots at 50 FPE with a 21 fps ES with the Kral and the ES is about the same with the Crown. 

I had one of the early 'puncher mega's' . It was rough fit and finish wise. The magazine was pretty close to awful, the SS tray looked like it was formed by melting plastic over a die....

BUT the wood stock was fantastic, it was as accurate as the Disco and some other guns I had at the time (but really only after I found a pellet it would shoot). I didn't keep it long enough to get worried about the (then) problematic cocking lever or get interested in other mods. 

However,.... everything I'm seeing posted recenty, especially with Troy's tune/upgrades, seems to be positive. Whether you go for the tune/upgrades or not...I'd definitely call Troy to discuss the model your interested in. I don't have his website handy but I'm sure you can find it.

To echo what I said in another Kral thread....I have one that came in last week, a mega marine with wood. I don't have a tin of pellets shot yet so I really can't say much to your questions.

It does not leak, I find the cocking smooth firm, no wiggle…and it is shooting out to 60 yards ok with a flyer in here and there, I hope it will calm down after I get a few hundred rounds down it.

Some reviews I read said be ready for stock work if you get a wood rifle, mine is fine, fit and finish to the action is very nice, stock is smooth no rough edges, its fit and finish to the receiver, and all around the metal, be it trigger or whatever it nice smooth and well fit…I was ready to refinish but decided against it, It is really too nice to mess with....same with working the action some said it was workman like....to me that sounds like a 1968 dodge farm truck next to your $70,000 trucks today....I did not see that at all, on mine the action of cocking is very smooth, there is no play in the lever.

I am actually getting ready to run a few more rounds through it, mounted a different scope.

Sorry for the messy table.

1539724692_3470343805bc65594e9d044.84738795_IMG_20181012_045039.jpg

To echo what I said in another Kral thread....I have one that came in last week, a mega marine with wood. I don't have a tin of pellets shot yet so I really can't say much to your questions.

It does not leak, I find the cocking smooth firm, no wiggle…and it is shooting out to 60 yards ok with a flyer in here and there, I hope it will calm down after I get a few hundred rounds down it.

Some reviews I read said be ready for stock work if you get a wood rifle, mine is fine, fit and finish to the action is very nice, stock is smooth no rough edges, its fit and finish to the receiver, and all around the metal, be it trigger or whatever it nice smooth and well fit…I was ready to refinish but decided against it, It is really too nice to mess with....same with working the action some said it was workman like....to me that sounds like a 1968 dodge farm truck next to your $70,000 trucks today....I did not see that at all, on mine the action of cocking is very smooth, there is no play in the lever.

I am actually getting ready to run a few more rounds through it, mounted a different scope.

Sorry for the messy table.

1539724692_3470343805bc65594e9d044.84738795_IMG_20181012_045039.jpg

Nice little write up and a good looking rifle. Love that stock. What caliber did you go with?

Btw, what's with the linked ammo belt... you expecting a breach in the perimeter wire? ;)

Interested in seeing what the Mega Marine shoots, FPS and what pellet. I’m stuck on what AG to get next looking at adding another .25 and the Jumbo is on my list of the 4 that I’m looking at but can’t find one in stock, I’m sure I’ve missed a dealer or 2.

i see some remotes, are they for planes or drones?

I think a stock Jumbo in 25 is a little under-powered. That's why I got one from Troy. Plus he fix some of the issues that the stock gun has and improves the performance. I posted this thread back in January but it didn't get much response, but you can see the performance of a tuned Jumbo

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-if-i-told-you-you-can-get-60-fpe-30-shots-and-34-100-yard-group-for-800/

Thanks blackdiesel, that’s what I wanted to see 890’s and at 3/4 inch at 100 yards with 33.4 JSBs is awesome in my book, I do have two HMx’s, one in .30 and the other in .357 regulated to 130ft/lbs. My goal is to add another .25 to go next to my Wildcat Patriot .25 but in more of a rifle then bullpup, for 800.00 all set up like that Jumbo is he is shooting is a job well done the only problem is i would have to buy more JSBs in 33.4gr being all my .25 pellets are 25.39s, I like the fact he tunes it to the heavier pellets so you know the 25.39s will be well over 900fps.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Thanks blackdiesel, that’s what I wanted to see 890’s and at 3/4 inch at 100 yards with 33.4 JSBs is awesome in my book, I do have two HMx’s, one in .30 and the other in .357 regulated to 130ft/lbs. My goal is to add another .25 to go next to my Wildcat Patriot .25 but in more of a rifle then bullpup, for 800.00 all set up like that Jumbo is he is shooting is a job well done the only problem is i would have to buy more JSBs in 33.4gr being all my .25 pellets are 25.39s, I like the fact he tunes it to the heavier pellets so you know the 25.39s will be well over 900fps.

I'm pretty sure he can tune a gun for 25 gr pellets instead of the 34 gr pellets

I just shot in the finals at EBR with a Kral. I had tuned the gun but was almost all factory parts including the barrel. Held its own vey well. I was the number 5 over all shooter on day one in pro class with a rifle that cost less than most scopes that were there.

Congrats, I bet it was fun.

My idea on scopes is a bit different then a lot of folks, I kinda have this thing where as if I bought a gun for 500.00 I won’t spend over 200.00 on a scope or as in my HMx’s I didn’t spend over 400.00 for scopes on those and if I spend 800.00 I won’t go over 300.00 for a scope although I’m interested in the new FFP Aztec that has come out for 499.00, have two Aztecs already but I could splurge on that one maybe.

I just can’t see spending Half of what the gun coast on a scope let alone the same price or over, that’s over my pay grade for sure.

I'm pretty sure he can tune a gun for 25 gr pellets instead of the 34 gr pellets

I’d have it tuned for the 34s and just adjust it down for the 25s if need be, my range right now is only setup for out to 100 yards but next spring I’m hoping to do some clearing out of more brush and getting at least 135yards out of it without redoing my whole range.

Interested in seeing what the Mega Marine shoots, FPS and what pellet. I’m stuck on what AG to get next looking at adding another .25 and the Jumbo is on my list of the 4 that I’m looking at but can’t find one in stock, I’m sure I’ve missed a dealer or 2.

i see some remotes, are they for planes or drones?

I think a stock Jumbo in 25 is a little under-powered. That's why I got one from Troy. Plus he fix some of the issues that the stock gun has and improves the performance. I posted this thread back in January but it didn't get much response, but you can see the performance of a tuned Jumbo

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-if-i-told-you-you-can-get-60-fpe-30-shots-and-34-100-yard-group-for-800/

Last January I was waiting for my HMx 357 from Martin that’s why I didn’t see your videos, got to tunnel visioned on the RAWs and now I added a HMx .30 this summer along with another Texan .357 and Bully .30.

I just got a Nemesis from Krale. It's doing great straight out the box. I only shot 2 magazines over the chrony and it's doing 880-892 fps with 25 gr pellets. At 35 yards (backyard) I get hole in hole accuracy.

1539796584_13328405065bc76e68ec8804.00483207_Puncher-nemesis-w-2000x800.png

I was on there sight last night and looked at a few of there new airguns but didn’t look into buying, I didn’t see a lot of info on them as far as shot count and FPS.