• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher Breaker

I am on my second Kral Puncher Breaker and I'm thinking the "Breaker" isn't a name but a description of what it does! Both of mine had valve failures. First one the valve stem crapped out, and was returned to P. A. My second, older PB is from February this year, and only qualifies for a repair. So now I'm out a silhouette gun for the next 6-8 weeks. Both of my PB were same mfr date of 2021. I love the balance and accuracy and the tunable trigger. I hate the fill probe always slices the oring and questionable reliability. I'm I unlucky, or is this seen across the Kral line? I get 2500 shots, then something breaks. So far I'm 0 for 2, and now waiting 8 weeks for something to come back and probably break
again....

Man I hate to hear that, seems like you’re unlucky though. I know the Kral line had valve stem and cocking lever issues early on, but that was 2018/2019 if I remember right. I’ve got three completed Krals and a box of parts, they’ve been teaching my 3 boys to shoot (10, 7 and 5) so needless to say they get banged around some. Mine have been %100 reliable, zero breaks and very few o-rings replaced with thousands of shots per gun. You might check your fill port for any burrs, seems that’s the most common culprit. Also the only time I shred probe o-rings is if I pull the probe when there’s some residual air still in the line. If I make sure the line is completely empty every time my o-rings last a long long time. Surely once they get a new poppet put in you’ll be good to go. They’ve been great reliable guns for me over the past few years and the money is right on them.

Sorry about the bad luck brother.
Beau

Man I hate to hear that, seems like you’re unlucky though. I know the Kral line had valve stem and cocking lever issues early on, but that was 2018/2019 if I remember right. I’ve got three completed Krals and a box of parts, they’ve been teaching my 3 boys to shoot (10, 7 and 5) so needless to say they get banged around some. Mine have been %100 reliable, zero breaks and very few o-rings replaced with thousands of shots per gun. You might check your fill port for any burrs, seems that’s the most common culprit. Also the only time I shred probe o-rings is if I pull the probe when there’s some residual air still in the line. If I make sure the line is completely empty every time my o-rings last a long long time. Surely once they get a new poppet put in you’ll be good to go. They’ve been great reliable guns for me over the past few years and the money is right on them.

Sorry about the bad luck brother.
Beau
Glad to hear there is hope for Kral. They are awesome airguns for offhand silhouette work, and the look great too. I'm really hoping once they fix the valve issue, I can count in it to perform reliably. The check valve inlet hole needs to be dechamfered from the factory to keep orings from shredding. I use a dremel deburring bit and twist it by hand carefully around the outer edge around the check valve. Then I replaced the garbage yellow oring with a viton oring and twist the probe in and out of the fill port to avoid tearing.

Yeah the yellow o-rings were trash, I throw them away as soon as I get a new probe. I’ve had pieces of the yellow in my suppressors, valve and barrels. Fit and finish on my guns isn’t top tier, but they are all satisfactory considering the price and all critical areas are finished good. Any deburring I’ve had to do was from work I’ve done on the guns.

Good luck man, hope it gets back soon!

Reactions: JohnnySuperDad
Another Puncher Broken on the pile

I bought a Kral Puncher Breaker as my first PCP. It failed at every attempt to accept a charge of air. After a week of owning it, I returned it. I am trying so hard to talk myself out of an FX. The cost of tuition at FX is pretty doggone high just to get a basic elementary education on life with a PCP. I'm also considering an Air Venturi Avenger to learn the ropes on but I'm not sure I will take this smarter option. I am certain of what I would do if I had the good fortune of finding a used FX.

Here is a photo of what I believe to be the cause of my trouble with my brand new PCP. You can see the yellow of the filler probes factory fitted o-rings and the replacement black o-rings I fitted to test my theory. They are holding the valve open. This could easily have been repaired and returned but... I kind of lost confidence and prefer a lighter weight for field work, forward cocking lever and a solid build reputation.: thus....the FX

intake port tearing oring.jpg

There's something about the stock Kral fill probe that causes the o rings to get slivers cut off of them. I replaced it with an aftermarket part and haven't had those issues since. Others seem to have gently chamfered the fill port to remedy the problem.

It's too bad that this problem exists. I have two Krals, both of which required a little work to get where they are but are presently reliable and are great to shoot. I say this having owned FX, Air Arms and other PCPs in the past.

Enjoy the FX! It's no doubt in my mind that the likelihood of encountering a similar issue with a new gun is much less with FX.

Reactions: FreshAir