Kral puncher breaker silent.

Hello. New member here but not so new to air rifles etc. I’m buying a Kral puncher breaker silent. I’d like some help in determining what scope and mounts I need to bear suit this air rifle. I’ve seen mixed reviews about the mounts and with eye relief. Also I’ve seen some with a “shorter” barrel. I think this looks great and would like to attempt this. Anyway. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Pcp's don't suffer much recoil so any scope should hold up being mounted to one. Its really personal preference in terms of ffp vs sfp, or magnification range, to parallax adjustment, and eye relief. You wanna keep your shooting ranges in mind when choosing a scope.

I like Athlon and Discovery scopes line up, I'd advise checking those out, and I am sure others will chime in too! Don't forget you need a source of air!

You'll need extra high mounts. 1-⅜ to 1-½" high or standard picatinny high mounts and one of these for the proper scope height. 

Monstrum Tactical Low Profile Picatinny Riser Mount (0.5" H x 5.7" L), for Scopes and Optics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M9IL5YQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_lYnBQUOtMLRvl

There's a few ways to make it look shorter. Drill a new mounting screw hole further up on the shroud, Replace or put a bushing in the barrel band and run a muzzle break or direct mount a suppressor to the barrel. 

Thanks for the reply’s. Budget is about $80 for the scope and range 50 yards to maybe 75ish. I like this one and it’s around what I’m looking for https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_4x32_CQB_Compact_Rifle_Scope_EZ_TAP_Illuminated_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_See_Thru_Weaver_Rings/4811 although it could be a different one as well. I like the style and function of it. I already have plans for a high pressure air compressor but in the mean time a bottle will suffice. There’s a local fire dept that will help and it’s only 2 miles from my home. Please suggest a better scope if possible. I appreciate y’all advice. 

Why limit such a nice air rifle with such a small scope? Buy excellent once, cry once. Buy cheap, cry every time you use it. I would recommend at least getting the 16x Leapers with a big side wheel to write your range info on. Just beware that these cheap scopes do have the need to always turn the side focus the same direction last to minimize the up/ down image shift.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-30mm-accushot-4-16x44-ie-riflescope-w-illuminated-ao-mildot-reticle-ez-ta.html

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-accushot-new-gen-80mm-fine-objective-adjustment-wheel.html

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-acd-mount-ring-w-offset-bubble-level.html

Joe cyclops recommends the hawk vantage over utg. I bought the 4x and it is really clear and like utg is springer rated. Joe also recommended to me the vantage 2x7. As far as that goes 80 yards is hard to do at 7 power if your doing trick shots. I tend to agree that you should pay a little bit more for your scope. I usually buy the gun and then hold it and imagine different scopes on it that cost 2 or 3 times what the gun cost. There are some excellent scopes once you hit the 300 dollar area. A 12x swfa ss fixed power is 300 and an economical way to have tier 1 quality glass by sacrificing variable power. I have the 10x with side wheel and liked it so much I bought a second one. 

I took the shroud off of my PB when I added the DonnyFL Tatsu. The barrel support ringn is sized to the shroud, leaving a free floated barrel. I used the end cap off the shroud to support the barrel, and still had some play in the barrel. A small piece of paper folded 4 times was used to shim the barrel tightly into the support. No flex present now. 

1590684678_17304230075ecfec069c2527.14699505.jpg

Compact and accurate. Full power loves the 28.5g Seneca domes, min power is ok decent with CPHP from Walmart for cheap shooting, or for inside the barn type shooting. 

What reticle? theres another for $10 less on Amazon is there any difference? Yo!

The reticle is a standard cross with 4 dots (stadia?) and a thicker outter bar. I won't call them mil dots, the scopes are 1/4 MOA per click (@100 yards), so 1/8th inch per click at 50y. I shoot the targets at 40 yards untill the aim point is gone, then. I shoot the staples.

The 30mm objective is a little less, and there is a 44mm objective in their line with other features. The scope does come with dovetail mounts, for the PB you will need Weaver rings, or an adaptor. 

Hey, I agree with Yo that those cheapy Chinese rangefinder scopes outperform. The price at aliexpress (Diana, Bushnell, ...) ranges between 30-40 usd. They come in a fairly long x 50, but also in a more manageable x4O featuring shorter (7.5 yds) minimum parallax adjustment. The lenses and POI consistency are remarkably good for the price. That shorter one (35 cm as opposed to 40 cm) may in fact be more suitable for bullpups. It still has good magnification!

Here is a pic of the 4-16x40
1590875193_201054865ed2d439560e19.91734239.jpg
rangefinder scope on my Hatsan Flash Pup S. It is 34cm long with a 40mm bell. Compared with the longer (40cm) and larger (50mm) 6-24x50 version that I installed on my Cometa Orion Long.

Both scopes feature a rangefinder reticle, a bit busier than mildot crosshairs -- I liked it less initially but it works fine. These scopes are sold in quantity under various names, and offer the best price/quality ratio I have been able to find. Even include practical "bikini" type lense covers!

Steve,

The rings depend on [1] the scope, [2] your gun, and [3] your neck ! 

Should you not be interested in a full explanation 😖 then please cut straight to the bottom line, below.

- scope tube diameter: most cheaper scopes (like the one in my pic on the Hatsan) have a 1 inch / 22.5mm tube diameter. (Different from 30mm tube for many side focus scopes.) Such scopes often come standard with low or medium height 1 inch dovetail (11mm) rings in the package. Sometimes you may also choose, and that's good because of the other factors in play:

- type of scope rail on your gun: often dovetail (11mm width) for long air guns and picatinny/weaver (20mm) on bullpups. The Flash pup has both dovetail AND picatinny/weaver (20mm). But he Kral PB comes with a weaver rail only.

- height: a 50mm objective scope often needs high rings to clear the barrel. High rings may also be required by your gun to clear the magazine, even for smaller scopes. And the kral PB, because of the design of the butt, needs high rings + a riser unless your neck is made of rubber.

BOTTOM LINE: my 4usd pair of risers for the Kral PB are weaver all around, so my rings needed to be high, 1 inch diameter, and weaver ! I had to order them separately ...

Success!