• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher / breaker, Airtube material and Valve

Hi, Im about to buy a Kral Puncher Maxi or the Breaker.

* Is the airtube made in Steel or Aluminum?

* And is the Valvpin/stem (valve) bad in older ones 2018 models, Ive read somewhere that the material is bad in older ones, so it has to be at least a 2019 year one to be sure the valvepin is good material and will keep sealed. Is that true

The one I can buy is late 2018, is that ok?

Not sure what the material the air cylinder is made of, but it's not aluminum.

The valve stem issues imo happened more US due to the power being cranked up in the US market. None of the lower displacement gun markets had the number of issues, since it takes less hammer strike to produce lower velocities.

It's been handled but the real thing is that if the valve stem does fail, it's an easy fix.

I just keep an extra stem in my gun tool box, but have not had to use it in the couple years now I have owned my puncher breaker.

I just added a huma regulator to my .22 and couldn't be happier with the overall performance.

Tuned to shoot NSA 17.5 HP slugs & JSB Hades right at 28fpe..

I know it's not great practice to assume, but, going by the suggested fill pressure on the Puncher Breakers, 
I'd assume that the air cylinders are probably steel.. Not aluminum, and if titanium, they'd probably bump up the fill pressure..
As for the valve stems.. I actually had to deal with that.. 
I have two Puncher Breakers in .22. I absolutely love those guns! 1 of them had a valve stem snap.. 
It had to have been either a late 18 or early 19 model. Either way, it was from Pyramid Air, and they warrantied the part & repair.
Like kkarmical mentioned.. Maybe keep a spare..
I got my extra from Pyramid Air: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Kral_Arms_Firing_Valve_Part_AT_28/8270

😊👍

Sam -

Would you be able to send me a picture so that I can know the correct screw please?

When you take the action out of the stock at the rear below the cocking lever, there is only one slotted screw there..
1585217124_881224285e7c7e643f3c13.37090239.jpg

The whole time I've owned my PBs,
I was most concerned about the cocking levers also bending / snapping! haha 
I was almost hoping they would - to give me an excuse to fabricate a few better ones.
Nope, so far, they're both still good.
I still have some of my metal fab equipment and tig welder, etc. at my folks house, 
so the initial plan was to build a few custom biathlon style levers during one of my visits.. 
Anyways.. The other reason I held off..
I found out that the lever from a Kral Puncher Pittbull will swap over perfectly.
Quick and easy. The hardest part is probably just sourcing them.

😊

Sam -

I know this is a few months old now. However, I've been itching for a new shooter and just love the look and price of the Kral PB. And now with the Silent model out, I'd love to move forward with this frivolous purchase. Are these guns worth it? It's hard to tell because of the valve problems irritating some folks, while others just fix it and keep shooting. It's the valve still a problem? This is the newest thread I've been able to find. Are the valve and cocking lever still available aftermarket? I'm all ears. Literally, I have big ears, so I listen well 😂😂😂😂

The newer models I'd guess from 2019 on have a much harder improved valve that doesn't fail I pushed mine to 60 ft lbs in 25 cal for thousands of shots without hurting it. That was of course after I broke one and got the new updated one from pyramyd for free. Also cocking levers were made from soft junk white metal now they are heavy steel and will not crack/bend/break as previous ones did. And again mine did so I got an aftermarket one from Troy hammer but pyramyd also sent me an updated one of those for free so I'm confident they got those issues ironed out. I own several fx and other guns and the kral is really a great gun for the price and easily modified to major power if needed. They also have a fairly large cylinder which is made from steel at 280cc in the breaker and 330cc in the full length rifle versions like the mega and pro. 

No issues at all with the new Kral guns. Valves and levers have been sorted. Tube is steel on the PB, Pro and Mega but aluminum on the NP-03. The bottles are all aluminum as well. I have a dozen or so Biathalon levers. I had a bunch ordered for my builds since JSAR stopped making the old upgraded lever. They're $30 shipped US.

Reactions: John1966