• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher Armour from Pyramid

Hi all, I'm new around here, and new to PCP shooting. In fact I've never shot a PCP yet. Bought the Kral Puncher Armour from Pyramid and it arrived exactly when promised. As it's my first PCP I don't think it's necessary to suggest I was quite excited. That didn't last long ...... the gun that arrived doesn't work. When I pull back the lever it doesn't engage the sear, and just springs forward, no chance of getting a magazine or single shot tray in it. And the trigger seems to be jammed, or frozen. I'm a patient guy so I had to wait all day THursday (thanksgiving) and called them on Friday. I spoke with someone there who was accomodating enough if somewhat begrudgingly. Everything was going along smoothly enough until the customer service rep from Pyramid said something like "well you did buy a Turkish air gun" ........ WHAT?????? so because I chose this one I don't qualify for good customer service? ........ I'm thinking "you still got MY AMERICAN money" . The thing ships back Monday or Tuesday ....... we'll see how long this takes.

Exchange it for something else, you would probably have a difficult time trying to sell it on the classifieds. There seems to be a lot of airgun folks who think its looks is rather unpleasant.

If I got treaded as such, that would be the last time I bought a gun from that vendor. But would still order pellets since they are the cheapest.

Be advised you need to do your due dilligence before spending your hard earned money unless your rich and money doesn't matter to you.

The Kral brand has reliability quirks I am sure you are prepared to deal with if you did your homework before buying doing youtube video search for KRAL etc...

I have a Puncher Breaker but it had work done to it because not by choice, I needed to be reliable.

CA

are you absolutely certain your pulling the cocking lever back ALL the way?

ive seen this happen more than a few times lately when people get their first pcp,

they dont realize it can take alot of force to fully cock the gun,

and they assume its broken when it isnt as easy to cock as a standard bolt action firearm.

try pulling it harder than you think you need to and see if it cocks then and report back.

I am sure I pulled as hard as I dare without breaking the cocking lever ....... probably about 30# of force. and even more on the trigger, I was bound and determined I was going to be sure it was the gun and not me before calling them. Been around firearms a long time, and I've done mechanical, and farm work so I have a pretty good idea how much is just enough, and how much is too much. In the past I might have kept on forcing and broken stuff.

RE: Testing weapons before shipment

Pyramid Air (PA) does not, as far as I know, inspect every gun it ships. Hence, something I have found useful for PA purchases has been the 10 for 10 Dollars test service they offer as an option.

The service is offered up front and greatly increases the probability that the weapon you purchase will work when it arrives.

The following service description comes from their site.

"For just $10.00, you can buy peace of mind that your airsoft gun or airgun won't be a lemon! To make sure your gun shoots right out of the box, our techs will:

1. Remove your gun from its box and visually inspect it to verify there are no defects.
  2. Fire 10 shots.
  3. Confirm that the gun cocks reliably for all shots.
  4. Verify that the trigger functions reliably for all shots.
  5. Enclose chronograph tape of 10 fired shots.
  6. Make sure your gun doesn't leak (PCP, gas & CO2 airguns and airsoft guns).
  7. List the air pressure used to shoot your gun (PCPs only).
  8. Sign & date a certificate stating when the test was performed.
  9. List the name and serial number of the tested gun on the certificate.
    [/LIST=1]

NOTE: Selecting this service may delay shipment by one business day
    *It's normal for spring-powered airguns to have erratic velocities with the first 25-150 shots because factory lubricants burn off and cause a dieseling effect inside the compression chamber."

Best wishes.

The other Mark B.

Pyramid Air (PA) does not, as far as I know, inspect every gun it ships. Hence, something I have found useful for PA purchases has been the 10 for 10 Dollars test service they offer as an option.

The service is offered up front and greatly increases the probability that the weapon you purchase will work when it arrives.

"For just $10.00, you can buy peace of mind that your airsoft gun or airgun won't be a lemon! To make sure your gun shoots right out of the box, our techs will:

1. Remove your gun from its box and visually inspect it to verify there are no defects.
  2. Fire 10 shots.
    [/LIST=1]

*It's normal for spring-powered airguns to have erratic velocities with the first 25-150 shots because factory lubricants burn off and cause a dieseling effect inside the compression chamber."

Best wishes.

The other Mark B.

1. As this is my first PCP I wasn't aware of the service, but for $10 it's well worth it. That in no way mitigates the "well you bought a Turkish gun" comment. The tone of voice was .......... unprofessional.

You say you cocked it hard/far enough. I believe you but, you also said the bolt doesn move far enough back to get the mag or single shot tray in.

So it is either something totally let loose inside ( not all that common) or you really are not cocking it.

Either way PA will take care of you, like it or not they are one of the very best dealer in handling warranty issues, be happy. Or try.

" "well you did buy a Turkish air gun" " would TOTALLY depend on context as to being a good or bad thing to say.

If it was --- my airgun doesnt work" which lead to " well you purchased a Turkish airgun - So I have to find the right manual. Wouldnt be a problem.

my airgun doesnt work--- "well you purchased a turkish airgun so you knew you were buying junk and should be happy" WOULD be a problem.

No one of any experience level likes any issue with there airgun ever, esp new! But it does happen ( I've averaged 2 lemons out of about 100 new airguns not all that bad) so how the dealer handles it is what makes the difference. Try to give them one full fair chance to make you a happy ( therefore returning ) customer and it will all work out. IF it's defective out of the box you wont be out a dime, just a bit of time and you'll very likely enjoy airguns thereafter.

Most all of us have been there once ( or more) and likely most of us at least for a moment were pissed off. But not at all as soon as we got to have the fun we originally had in mind.

John

can you try cocking and take a picture of the position of lever and or bolt? If so someone her can instantly say if it let loose or just isnt cocked enough manually

Reactions: JimNM

2. Fire 10 shots.
    [/LIST=1]

Best wishes.

The other Mark B.

1. As this is my first PCP I wasn't aware of the service, but for $10 it's well worth it. That in no way mitigates the "well you bought a Turkish gun" comment. The tone of voice was .......... unprofessional.

You say you cocked it hard/far enough. I believe you but, you also said the bolt doesn move far enough back to get the mag or single shot tray in.

So it is either something totally let loose inside ( not all that common) or you really are not cocking it.

Either way PA will take care of you, like it or not they are one of the very best dealer in handling warranty issues, be happy. Or try.

" "well you did buy a Turkish air gun" " would TOTALLY depend on context as to being a good or bad thing to say.

If it was --- my airgun doesnt work" which lead to " well you purchased a Turkish airgun - So I have to find the right manual. Wouldnt be a problem.

my airgun doesnt work--- "well you purchased a turkish airgun so you knew you were buying junk and should be happy" WOULD be a problem.

No one of any experience level likes any issue with there airgun ever, esp new! But it does happen ( I've averaged 2 lemons out of about 100 new airguns not all that bad) so how the dealer handles it is what makes the difference. Try to give them one full fair chance to make you a happy ( therefore returning ) customer and it will all work out. IF it's defective out of the box you wont be out a dime, just a bit of time and you'll very likely enjoy airguns thereafter.

Most all of us have been there once ( or more) and likely most of us at least for a moment were pissed off. But not at all as soon as we got to have the fun we originally had in mind.

John

can you try cocking and take a picture of the position of lever and or bolt? If so someone her can instantly say if it let loose or just isnt cocked enough manually

Sorry John, the pictures aren't an option right now. However the bolt is fully cocking, the back pressure from the spring wasn't like a powder burning bolt action, however it doesn't engage the sear. If I wanted to attempt inserting a magazine while holding the bolt against the pressure I imagine I could manage, but it would be pointless since the hammer hasn't engaged the sear, and the grigger feels more like a cast immovable object. 

The "you did buy a Turkish gun" was more of the second type of remark unfortunately. The gun not working has me less upset than that remark. I have no doubt the gun will be set to right, and I know Pyramid will do a good job. 

I did see that youtube video and my first thought was " if there's a problem why hasn't he sent it back for warranty work rather than screw with it himself?" If the one I get as a replacement is no better I will consider refund and another rifle. As to some people not liking the look of it that's not really a concern to me. All my other guns have a traditional appearance and this is the first one that's a departure from that. The gun is heavy, and I may find I object to that at some time in the future, but in the few times I shouldered it the weight seemed well enough balanced that it wouldn't be unreasonable; I have yet to mount a scope.

I doubt taking the stock off and adjusting the trigger would void the warranty, but I would call PA first and see. It could be as simple a solution as the trigger being adjusted too far, not allowing the sear to engage. Lots of information on line for adjusting the Kral trigger.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+kral+trigger&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Thought about that too, removing the "stock" which seems to be more of a shroud for the entire action is a bit more of an involved process than with the other Kral guns. Once the warranty expires on this gun I'm going over it stem to stern, till then I'll let the vendor take responsibility for "oops"

I doubt taking the stock off and adjusting the trigger would void the warranty, but I would call PA first and see. It could be as simple a solution as the trigger being adjusted too far, not allowing the sear to engage. Lots of information on line for adjusting the Kral trigger.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+kral+trigger&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Thought about that too, removing the "stock" which seems to be more of a shroud for the entire action is a bit more of an involved process than with the other Kral guns. Once the warranty expires on this gun I'm going over it stem to stern, till then I'll let the vendor take responsibility for "oops"