Kral NP-03 vs Artemis PP750

Hello,

I am trying to see which .177 PCP would be a better to get. Does anyone have both of these? How do they compare?

Artemis PP750
or
Kral NP-03

The purpose is to shoot in the backyard of a city home at the lowest power setting, and in the mountain the high power setting.

I do like the look of PP750. And that it is regulated. Would anyone know what makes the Kral NP-p3 better?

I don’t have a PP750, but I do have a PP700 and the build quality of the 700 does not match that of my Krals. No one who tries a NP03 has a bad thing to say about them. Mine is in 22cal and it goes to work with me on low power to shoot birds inside our shops then comes home and it’s my 10 year olds squirrel gun. He’s killed squirrels out to 60 yards with it. Excellent little gun.

Beau

5C1A52BA-4B2D-4A24-AA60-59611CCCF748.jpeg

I don’t have a PP750, but I do have a PP700 and the build quality of the 700 does not match that of my Krals. No one who tries a NP03 has a bad thing to say about them. Mine is in 22cal and it goes to work with me on low power to shoot birds inside our shops then comes home and it’s my 10 year olds squirrel gun. He’s killed squirrels out to 60 yards with it. Excellent little gun.

Beau

View attachment 282869
Thank you for the reply Beau! Would you know if I can shoot more shots if the power is set at the lower settings compared to high settings?

Also, i have zero experience of PCP guns, i’ve never seen one in real life. What would I need to buy other than compressor, scope, bipod and moderator? And what would be a good compressor for this?

After seeing your last post, the pp750 doesn’t meet your original criteria. You had asked for an easy way to turn the gun up and down. With the pp750, the only way to do this is adjust hammer spring tension, and while it is doable, you won’t get repeatable results without using a chrony, and wasting ammo. The np-03 has a transfer port restrictor, which will work much more repeatably than hammer spring adjustment. Yes, the 750 is regulated, but the kral self regulating valve is exceptionally consistent in its operation. They give regulated guns a run for their money. The 750 would also need an adapter for a moderator, whereas the kral is already outfitted. That brings me to my next statement on both. Neither is backyard friendly at high power without an add on moderator. Low power should be fine, but high power, they both have quite a noticeable bark.

Adjusting the power with the valve restrictor, which is the knob on the side of the action, isn’t going to give a lot of extra shots, but I think it might give a few. The better option if you’re going for more shots is to back off your hammer spring which will give you more shots and is almost as easy. You have to have a chronograph for this tuning though.
Compressor, scope and moderator is all you have to have, bipod makes target shooting a little easier but it’s not a must. I would purchase a chronograph asap so you can tune your gun which is very easy with the Kral guns. The Krals also do great unregulated! I have a yong heng compressor I got on eBay for 250 bucks that works great, ton of parts available too which is a big plus.

Hi
The pp750 is a good pistol and the kral np03 is not bad but you would be better off with the np02 as it's a much nicer gun imo
Highly tuneable for very little money
Trigger and valve spring as well overated need abit of work but when done its fantastic
Ideal size allround
Very high shot count can be turned up and down by transfer port.
Really accurate even with slugs well beyond 30yrds and super quiet with a silencer.
People who buy one very rarely sell it

Screenshot_20230412-194422_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230412-194414_Chrome.jpg

Never shot the Artemis but I have a Kral NP03 in .25 and it kicks butt. Built very well and very accurate with a variety of pellets. If you put a fore grip on the picatinny rail it's pretty easy to use in pistol form with the butt stock removed as well.

Again I never shot the Artemis but I doubt it holds a candle to the NP03.

edit: forgot to mention, this is one of my favorite triggers of any gun I've shot. Light, smooth, not spongy, and feels good on the finger.

Kral.jpg

Last edited:
Hi silvershooter
I think it depends who put it together in the factory" mine was horrendous and very gritty and the same on the np02 of my pals.
Where the rod goes from the trigger to the sear block that screws in to the receiver is a small indentation" I tap and drilled it for a rounded off grub screw to go in and now it breaks like glass.
The worst thing is the twang on a kral it's like a piano tunning fork and resonates up the stock if its fitted lol
as you say the barrel is good for most types of pellets and accurate.
I put a lw barrel into mine for slug shooting and put 2 orings on the probe and a biathlon lever to aid cocking and folding stock .
Kral are not bad guns" you expect some rough edges for the price and if you dont get any it's a bonus.
And as you say In a different league to a pp750