• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral jumbo shroud mod

Has anyone modded a Kral jumbo to use the barrel shroud as a suppressor. I’m a machinest by trade so I was thinking of making a new end for the shroud that’s a tad longer. Then machining baffles into it and venting it back into the shroud. I use the gun at work for pest control and it’s a tad loud for my taste. I like the barrel length it’s at right now so I don't really want to add a ton of length to it with a screw on suppressor. Any ideas?

Funny you post this question, I just got done with mine yesterday. I went a little different route. I built a shorter barrel for it and with my silenced shroud, its only 38 inches long. Now I wait for my reg. I don’t like all the hammering and pinging of an unregulated gun. 

download.png
1593917737_1277425535f0141295c7a02.77251043.jpg

It is not too difficult to mod the end cap (the screw-in piece that the barrel slides into) so that the muzzle vents into the shroud.

Drill 8 perpendicular 6mm holes right where the inside of the end cap narrows. Then drill 8 holes almost parallel to the space that the barrel slides into. Position those such that they connect with the perpendicular holes you drilled first. You will need a simple benchtop drill press.

After this, muffle the inside of the shroud with felt. No mods needed at the breech end because the shroud already has an opening at either side.