• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Bighorn

Question? My Bighorn is only shooting at about 580 max fps. Hammer spring it tightened up but no help. I’d like to get 900 fps with a 44.8 pellet. What do I do?
Did you get this rifle from Canada Shooting Supply? If so, it might be the detuned Canadian model. If thats the case, there is usually a grub screw that's been threaded into the exhaust port of the valve that has a small hole drilled thru to restrict the air flow to be under 500 fps.

No I ordered it from Troy at The Best Airguns. Where is this grub screw and how do I locate it? Thanks for replying sir.
Oh, wow, his guns are supposed to be the full power versions I thought.

How long have you had the rifle? You didn't happen to over fill it with air, causing partial valve lock maybe?

There is no power adjuster on the gun, so that can't be partially closed causing less air up to the barrel.

You can easily take the action out of the stock, take the two grub screws out of the bottom that hold the valve/bottle in. The bottle and valve block will come put together with a little tug, and they don't have to be degassed to do this.

Then you will see the exhaust port on the valve. If it has a screw in it, you'll definitely see it. The port is pretty big on those guns normally. Probably in the 7mm size or so.

Ok, thank you for that. No it’s wide open. Maybe the barrel slipped or ports weren’t lined up. I’ll fire it again tomorrow and chrono it.
I know Troy is a pretty straight up guy, so it’s not something he did or didn’t do. No I fill it to 250bar,not over. I have a 700cc bottle on it so I have no need to over pressure it.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein