• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Bighorn

Changed the Kratos over to 3626 psi regulated cf bottle this morning. Set the velocity to a quiet, accurate and mild 515 FPS with kings. Probably around 275 shots to a fill.

Most likely it will be in this configuration for some time with the Bighorn 25 on its way there us no need to ‘warm it up.’

That set up sounds AMAZING!

I know this is a Big Horn post but what is your initial impression of the Kuzey rifles you got in?

Super pleased. The machining and wood stocks are amazing. Same valving as the Kral but the action, hammer, springs and trigger are all different. Much more of a traditional dropsear trigger. Very crisp. Easier to modify than the Kral guns were and a built in external hammerspring adjuster for fine tuning. 

20211110_002754.1637511505.jpg
20211110_213235.1637511527.jpg

So anyone know if these bighorn barrels, bolts, and mags will fit a puncher jumbo breech? I have one with 177/22/25 caliber swaps and wouldn't mind a big bore kit to add to that. I have an extra valve I could port for the needed air, and another drop block I could put the bigger bottle on. Easy enough to swap all that around.

Barrels do not. Magazines and bolt will. Hammer in a jumbo would need to be greatly modified for a heavy twin spring to properly open the valve to make enough power for .30. I've converted several Jumbo, Mega and Breakers to .30 prior to the Bighorn release. 

So anyone know if these bighorn barrels, bolts, and mags will fit a puncher jumbo breech? I have one with 177/22/25 caliber swaps and wouldn't mind a big bore kit to add to that. I have an extra valve I could port for the needed air, and another drop block I could put the bigger bottle on. Easy enough to swap all that around.

Barrels do not. Magazines and bolt will. Hammer in a jumbo would need to be greatly modified for a heavy twin spring to properly open the valve to make enough power for .30. I've converted several Jumbo, Mega and Breakers to .30 prior to the Bighorn release. 

Well there goes that lol thanks Troy

Glad I ran into this thread. I have a (Kral made) Cayden in .22 and love it. With some minor work the trigger is very nice and the side cocking is smooth. But I want something with more power for longer range target shooting. I have (and will be selling) an AEA Challenger Pro in .22 that has gobs of power, but I just can't get past it's trigger. So maybe a Bighorn is what I should be looking at. If I can get 40-50 shots from a fill in .25 with 34-ish grain slugs going 900-ish fps, a light / crisp trigger and smooth side cocking, I think I'll be happy. And gotta say, all the Krals and Kuzeys look sexy as heck.

.143 will cycle in my magazine which is a 8 cavity mold and is a MPMolds bullet. As of right now it cast slightly undersized with pure lead, so some tin may help

@.150 a 57 grain swc will not cycle in my .25 Bighorn magazine, this is a custom Arsenal mold: a .243 60 grain mold cut to .254.

The MPMolds .251 hp @ .139 is the most accurate out of my Bighorn so far.

Roachcreek

.143 will cycle in my magazine which is a 8 cavity mold and is a MPMolds bullet. As of right now it cast slightly undersized with pure lead, so some tin may help

@.150 a 57 grain swc will not cycle in my .25 Bighorn magazine, this is a custom Arsenal mold: a .243 60 grain mold cut to .254.

The MPMolds .251 hp @ .139 is the most accurate out of my Bighorn so far.

Roachcreek

Hey Roachcreek, so when you say .143, .150, etc. Are you talking about the BC? If so, wow! Here I'm thinking a BC of 0.12 is the bees knees, but compared to your slugs I'm throwing bricks. LOL