• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Kral Arms - Imperium - IWA 2023

There is no way it’s regulated. Not with those giant shot counts. Like Boost said, Kral gives shot counts bases on the whole rainbow. The reason it has a plenum is because there is not enough air volume because they plumbed it like a RTI. If they wouldn’t have given it a plenum, it would be anemic even without a reg. I just wonder what the red knob is for. I find it hard to believe they ran a valve rod all the way to the front of the gun. Maybe it’s a degasser.
I've got to thinking about that knob and I bet it's a transfer port adjuster.
Barrel retention. Quick swap caliber. Very close to the reximex throne, which is a sister company.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Barrel retention. Quick swap caliber. Very close to the reximex throne, which is a sister company.
It looks like it uses the puncher magazines so it'll need the bolt changed too in order to feed properly. They probably just use the multi caliber probe off the Knight, if this is indeed a quick change setup. I think the shroud is threaded to the breech though so I'm not sure what's going on.

Reactions: Scotay42
It doesn’t have to be regulated to be a really good gun. As long as the price reflects it. Just because it looks like an expensive gun doesn’t mean you should price it as such. Any more than $700 you might as well just pick up a used Priest or Prophet. The Kral will never compete with those two. For the guy who knows how to tune an unregulated gun, factor in the price of a CF bottle and this gun could be nice little monster.

more info here at the end of the video
very nice build but not regulated..i don t know what will be the price but i think it will be aroud 600euro like others kral gun
now i hope the trigger is fully adjustable and good!!
if we can use a paintball reg it will increase the length of the gun so it s not a good way ..but we can fit the reg on the plenum tube

Reactions: darylm
One thing Kral is good at is building a valve train that runs a very steady shot string without regulation. Was impressed with how consistant my Kral jumbo was.
It's getting ready to go under the knife again. Putting it back to 22, and with the 11" barrel and a baffle stack used in the stock shroud cut down to make an AOL around 34" short, quiet, high shot count and decent power since running 300 BAR bottle fill pressure.

Reactions: Joedirt199
A poor boys prophet (please do not take this wrong). If the price is right, the missing features (mainly reg and cf bottle) will make this into an affordable option. The prophet (proper) is gonna be hard to beat. The haters of the look of the Prophet need to go find another thread to spew in. It’s a good looking piece and very well thought out, imo. So is this copy.

I hate it that RTI tripped on their business with the II and fumbled with the balanced valve. (I’m sure there are some it’s working fine for but others have had major dissatisfaction).

This might be a nice platform for the ‘tinkering and upgrade’ crowd.

Cool gun.

Dave

ok but in 2023 an unrugalted gun sucks!!
if it was a 500euro gun i agree with you..but at 700euro no way!!!you have lots of others brand which are regulated!!now if the trigger is very good(i have serious doubt) i can live with that!!
wait and see...i like the look and the short length .
I don’t agree with that. If you know what you’re doing and are stuck with a short barrel, you can make big power and a good shot count with an unregulated gun. This is also accomplished cheaply with less parts that can fail from a manufacturer’s standpoint. And you always have a first shot that’s velocity is spot on for hunting. Even if the gun sits for a year. We‘ll just have to see if they decide to fly too close to the sun with the price of the thing. And if we will ever be able to actually buy one.

First time I seen this gun, nice to see competition offer this form factor, its not a 'copy cat' anymore than a traditional stock bolt action rifle is to that of another with traditional bolt action.

I've gone thru my regulator fad, and while I still respect and adore them, in many ways I much prefer the simplicity of the unregulated pcp. The plenum volumes on tap, in many cases if you add up unregulated AND regulated volume in regulated gun you'd come out with a more powerful gun with plenty of volume for a very flat bell curve over a very usable (albeit smaller) pressure range. Regulated to me only appeals to the high shot count crowd, and the "I must have only 1 fps spread" crowd shooting 100m BR, but for the average pcp user, unregulated is probably a better fit, not sure why regulated guns are 'a must' to so many people in the pcp crowd, I certainly cannot get on that bandwagon. There are pros an con's for either, but tuning a flat unregulated curve is much more an art than tuning a flat regulated curve, much respect to any manufacturer who puts in the research and development to produce long, healthy unregulated bell curves...not many tuners out there can say "I extended X gun's unregulated bell curve by Y shots WHILE increasing/maintaining energy output!"

To that long winded note, I see what looks like a plenum similar to that of the impact/prohpet in the butt stock / rear?

-Matt

Reactions: Dairyboy