AirMaks Arms Krait Lite?

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
Was Just wondering what those who have the Krait Lite think? I like the idea of the externally adjustable reg but have only owned a few that had that feature and am not sure it would be missed unless you had the first version. I think it's a few hundred less which is also nice but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks? I'm trying to talk my Airmaks buddy into buying one so I can put my hands on one lol.. His Katran LB is a tack driver from the word go, and I don't think he thinks he needs it.

On one hand, I'd like to get one, but...I don't like the wood stock with the adjustable butt pad.

I don't know if Utah is going to get any with the solid butt, EDGun West, has them on their page, but also..."not in stock". So I don't know when or IF, they will actually get any.

Waiting on the solid butt pad version.

Mike

On one hand, I'd like to get one, but...I don't like the wood stock with the adjustable butt pad.

I don't know if Utah is going to get any with the solid butt, EDGun West, has them on their page, but also..."not in stock". So I don't know when or IF, they will actually get any.

Mike
I waited for the solid butt version too but ended up just getting married anyway.

Mike
It looks like Edgun West has most versions (barrel length) and caliber available with the type two stock. I think the only one that is out is the .177 in standard length.

Last edited:
It looks like Edgun West has most versions (barrel length) and caliber available with the type two stock. I think the only one that is out is the .177 in standard length.
Thanks, I haven't looked in a week or so.
Just got an e-mail back from Brian. Seems he does have the .22, short barrel, solid butt stock, in stock.
I like this simple wood stock, better than the "add on" stock that was available earlier.

I have the first version of the Krait. Well, the second, version of the first model Krait. I waited for the second version of the regulator. Seems that I got a good one, as I installed a digital gauge in the back to monitor the regulator. All is good with mine.

Time to check the balance on my credit card !

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: MACTEN
Was Just wondering what those who have the Krait Lite think? I like the idea of the externally adjustable reg but have only owned a few that had that feature and am not sure it would be missed unless you had the first version. I think it's a few hundred less which is also nice but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks? I'm trying to talk my Airmaks buddy into buying one so I can put my hands on one lol.. His Katran LB is a tack driver from the word go, and I don't think he thinks he needs it.
I almost bought a Krait Lite, but knowing that is not possible to access the regulator, I stepped back.
To achieved maximum efficiency you need the tinkering with the regulator.

Thanks, I haven't looked in a week or so.
Just got an e-mail back from Brian. Seems he does have the .22, short barrel, solid butt stock, in stock.
I like this simple wood stock, better than the "add on" stock that was available earlier.

I have the first version of the Krait. Well, the second, version of the first model Krait. I waited for the second version of the regulator. Seems that I got a good one, as I installed a digital gauge in the back to monitor the regulator. All is good with mine.

Time to check the balance on my credit card !

Mike
I'm glad he's not stocking other airguns to make up for the politics we are all dealing with.

From what I understand you can adjust it but have to do it the way you do on most airguns. I'll have to look further to make sure though.
According to Air Maks the regulator IS NOT accessible.

I believe this model was designed for the UK market where most of airguns don't do more than 12FP, unless you have a FAC.

According to Air Maks the regulator IS NOT accessible.

I believe this model was designed for the UK market where most of airguns don't do more than 12FP, unless you have a FAC.
I just found out the reg is accessible when you disassemble the rifle and remove the rear tube. So it might not be super easy but is certainly possible. Airmaks doesn't want people to mess it up by doing it.

I just found out the reg is accessible when you disassemble the rifle and remove the rear tube. So it might not be super easy but is certainly possible. Airmaks doesn't want people to mess it up by doing it.
They told me that the tool to remove the regulator cost 650€. So, it's not easy for sure.
And if you want maximum efficiency it's necessary to access the regulator severall times. To much hassle, at least for me.

They told me that the tool to remove the regulator cost 650€. So, it's not easy for sure.
And if you want maximum efficiency it's necessary to access the regulator severall times. To much hassle, at least for me.
That's weird they would go to that extreme to try and keep people from adjusting it. Probably to push people into the more expensive one for adjustments. Like selling a car without a hood release latch unless you pay extra.

Where did you see this tool? And now that I think about it...Regulators always end up leaking and need at least o-rings replaced. These are supposed to be Huma regulators. I haven't seen a non o-ring sealed regulator from Huma yet unless I'm mistaken. What happens if the warranty is up when this happens? I'm sure Airmaks wouldn't make a disposable expensive air rifle.. right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
They sure are quick to answer over @ Airmaks even after hours... I guess this settles it?
No special tools and nothing that most of us have had to do after warranty (or even before) in regards to servicing and adjusting regulators.
Designed not be be adjustable but then goes on to say basically the same as everything else without an external reg adjustment. Good news and glad I asked the MFG as it seemed a bit weird to me, and others I'm sure, that it was supposed to be considered a closed system.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 15-42-45 Mail - R . - Outlook.jpg

Reactions: Dairyboy
They sure are quick to answer over @ Airmaks even after hours... I guess this settles it?
No special tools and nothing that most of us have had to do after warranty (or even before) in regards to servicing and adjusting regulators.
Designed not be be adjustable but then goes on to say basically the same as everything else without an external reg adjustment. Good news and glad I asked the MFG as it seemed a bit weird to me, and others I'm sure, that it was supposed to be considered a closed system.

View attachment 453981
So your average airgun basically that doesn't have an externally adjustable reg. Simple enough

View attachment 453981

@MACTEN, sent you a PM.