AirMaks Arms Krait lite owners

Just a couple of quick questions for Krait lite standard owners.
What’s your opinion of a Trigger? Is it easy to adjust and how light can you make it?
How quiet is it in stock form? Backyard friendly?Does it need an additional moderator?
I created a thread about 3 minutes ago!

The trigger is great right out of the box. I haven’t tried to adjust it, and I don’t plan to. The first stage is ultralight, and then there’s a tiny bit of roll before it breaks.

It’s a bit loud without an aftermarket moderator.

Got mine just after lunch.

Mine's a little different.
The triggers first stage is a little bit of a pull, but very smooth, and yes, a crisp let-off, with little perceptible creep.

And yes...it is loud. Brian said it was quiet...NOT so much ! I'm removing all of the factory baffles and installing just a separate muffler. BUT, I'm also guessing that's it's shooting faster than my normal 800(ish)fps. I'll check later, adjust as required. Just that normally makes the report much easier on the ears.
I'm guessing on the power, because my Krait is quiet enough that I've left all of the factory baffles in place, and it's acceptable sound wise. Hoping this will be the same.

The wood is nice looking. Nothing world shattering, but nice. Funny, still...smells freshly done !
The wood stock gives the gun a completely different look than the original Krait. That's why I didn't want the adjustable butt pad, I didn't want a lot of the original Kraits look creeping in on this gun so much.

More playing later.

Mike

Just a couple of quick questions for Krait lite standard owners.
What’s your opinion of a Trigger? Is it easy to adjust and how light can you make it?
How quiet is it in stock form? Backyard friendly?Does it need an additional moderator?
Jake -

It's just like most "all" modern / current guns...it needs your "personal" attention, to make it to your liking.

Mike

I created a thread about 3 minutes ago!

The trigger is great right out of the box. I haven’t tried to adjust it, and I don’t plan to. The first stage is ultralight, and then there’s a tiny bit of roll before it breaks.

It’s a bit loud without an aftermarket moderator.
Thank you
Just the information I was looking for.
Enjoy your critter getter

Jake -

It's just like most "all" modern / current guns...it needs your "personal" attention, to make it to your liking.

Mike
Thank you Mike
It’s disappointing when a dealer misleads you about a rifle’s features. Looking forward to hearing more about yours.

I tend to compare all rifles to my Taipan veteran which is very quiet and has great trigger

I'm not gonna get into things dealers say or don't say about their products. That's their thing.
As is said in the aftermarket automotive (hot rod) industry...a "bolt on" product..."isn't" !

I just came in for a break from working on my newish, (old !) street legal, drag race car.

The trigger bar is really...odd, it's two pieces !!! I have NO idea what that's all about. Seems a lot of work for...I don't know what. But the return spring is simple to adjust. You just have to pay attention to where the first rod...stops, and the first set (grubs are worms !) screw is located in the connector sleeve. Now the first stage movement is nice. And as ALWAYS, a little oil goes a long way, and it does here too. A very nice trigger. Smooth, clean break, As Michael says, no need for further adjustment.

Haven't done the fps check yet. After I get something to eat.
Nice thing, it's a single cap screw at the bottom of the grip (or "handle" to some ?) away from the stock removal.

More to follow.

Mike