AirMaks Arms Krait Lite .17 vs Quadrant on a Gloomy day

Thank you Techna. I have only seen & worked in fairly isolated areas of West Texas specifically Ozona, Fort Stockton, Lake Amistade/ Del Rio during the early spring and summer & they looked nothing like Michaels’ surroundings although I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of the people I met there. It looks to be a wonderful area to reside & enjoy the great outdoors. I can almost smell steaks cooking outdoors over a mesquite fire.

Reactions: techna
Thanks for sharing Michael. I did not know the Krait was available with wood; very nice. Looks to be very well made and an accurate flat shooter. Does the Krait have an anti double load feature? May I ask where one might acquire a wood stock version?

Your outside surroundings are beautiful. Juniper trees?
"Krait Lite".
I have one in .22. Nice wood, non-adjustable stock. So far, I've just added one baffle segment to the barrel from one of my Caimans. Dealing with short vs. low sound.

Mike

Reactions: techna
Short & accurate for sure. In order to keep it short I opted for the Fatboy moderator. It's not as quiet as similarly powered .22's I own, but I guess .17 is less efficient???
You are correct, a short fat moderator is not as effective as a longer version and .177 are less air efficient but with a custom moderator I can always get a .177 much quieter than a .22 due the holes in the baffles and endcap being smaller.

Bb

Reactions: Dairyboy
Michael or MikeVV might either one of you be able to provide the length of pull on the Krait Lite?
Do only the bottle versions of the Krait have the option for a wood stock? The specifics on these rifles vary depending upon the chosen venders as well as the factories website making it difficult to ascertain just what you are getting. For instance the factory website says only the .22 caliber is available with anti - double feed whereas EdGun West‘s website illudes that all calibers come with the anti - double feed. Which is it? Does anyone have the inside scoop on these?