• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

kraford and lypt KLS-2

i am making this post for those who consider getting one of these buttstocks for your FX impact.

1:You will have to remove it to be able to adjust length of pull

2:When fully closed the big screw that holds the buttstock to the riffle will not be able to be tightened

3:It got some sharp edges

4: when you adjust the height of the riffle via the rod it makes the gun unstable due to the small diameter
IMG_20210712_095201955.1626073286.jpg
IMG_20210712_095211406.1626073287.jpg
IMG_20210712_095411144.1626073288.jpg

5: and the most important the rod that adjusts the height of the riffle on the bench is made of aluminium with no grip at all and it is very slippery (i added foam tape)

Reactions: ram2jeep
I don't have one but with three points of contact I have a hard time seeing that as being the main problem. I know my DIY mod is a bit unstable but it comes from the rear rod being offset from center. Twisting the bipod slightly takes care of most of this can you do the same? Or is the problem in the rod/tubing fit in the unit? Just trying to understand here.

Also those of us using rear mono-pods would benefit greatly from a bipod with a wider stance out front.

I have to agree with your comments . The monopod that can be purchased separately for the saber tactical is far superior but you need an additional 150 for field version.

the KL monopod can use a wider base. When fine tuning the height with the monopod I notice the gun moves also laterally not just vertically which is not great.

I’m not so worried about the need to remove the buttstock as it’s not quick adjust. Once I setup my gun I hardly change the configuration again.

I don't have one but with three points of contact I have a hard time seeing that as being the main problem. I know my DIY mod is a bit unstable but it comes from the rear rod being offset from center. Twisting the bipod slightly takes care of most of this can you do the same? Or is the problem in the rod/tubing fit in the unit? Just trying to understand here.

Also those of us using rear mono-pods would benefit greatly from a bipod with a wider stance out front.

my bipod is pretty wide but the thing is shaky even when fully closed.. and the monopods bottom is rounded so it wont sit flat on a surface. i paid 295 euros for it to be convenient and stable for my target shooting but it made it even harder... and the only thing that is ergonomic is the shoulder pad

I noticed the monopod rubbing on mine too. But there is a quick fix for that. Just extend the length a few millimeters and it isn't rubbing anymore.... You can also unscrew the monopod and put it onto the other side. I think the problem is there isn't any instructions that come with it; but when I called them they explained how to set it up. You should probably reach directly out to K&L if you have any issues. 

I noticed the monopod rubbing on mine too. But there is a quick fix for that. Just extend the length a few millimeters and it isn't rubbing anymore.... You can also unscrew the monopod and put it onto the other side. I think the problem is there isn't any instructions that come with it; but when I called them they explained how to set it up. You should probably reach directly out to K&L if you have any issues.

even if you move it to the other side the tightening bolt for the monopods rod is hitting the bolt that holds the butt stock in the riffle. i did some quick fixes on it and i am in the process of making a benchrest monopod to replace the stock one