Kraford and Lypt DRAKE

So I’ve had a prototype Drake for a little while and thought I’d give a short report. It is awesome. Like everything Stephen builds, it is a piece of working art, and crafted by him right here in theUSA. (Very few after market airgun accessory manufacturers can make that claim). I’ve used this rail in quite a few different environments. I haven’t had an NRL match since I got the rail so that will come soon. However, I have been using it in practice and I’m very happy with how it’s working. It’s BEEFY, but not over weight, and I can’t imagine a place where its strength is compromised. I have 3 contract farms I do pest control on and that’s mostly where I’ve used the rail. I shoot from fences, tractor tires, off feed bunks, building corners etc, and rail just works in every situation I’ve tried it in. I like the M-lok holes drilled , in the rail. It saves some time and the guess work that the M-Lok nuts have been turned in mounting your accessories. And there’s plenty of them, lol, if you can’t get a pic rail on there, you’re not trying. Threads are smooth and robust, spacing is perfect. And for those who want an M-Lok slot, you’re covered up front, it still has those. The ARCA rail is cut really well and deep. As a huge plus, it extends back past the fill port. Giving a natural balance to a 700mil Impact on a tripod. The front of Drake sports an end cap, something fresh in the FX accessory world. Not only does the end cap give a nice closure to the bottle end, but it also gives it some armour. Don’t be afraid to mount this end against a ladder rung, or fence rail, that’s what it’s designed to do. As a plus, it also sports a nicely cut ARCA dovetail for your bipod. And given that it’s closer to the barrel center, the rifle tilts more inline with the bore vs rocking from underneath. I was impressed and very happy with my purchase. And yes, I bought it, before Stephan sent it. Why I can give my honest opinion.
If there’s any thing I would change if I designed it, it would be just in front of the trigger guard. I would love to see a trap door to protect the fill port, and the styling of the Gen 4 trigger guard. But, after talking to Stephan, I completely understand the amount time and cost incorporating those two features into the rail, but I still wish they were there. And at the price tag of $279. And some change, this component is already at the top end of the accessory ladder, but truly worth every penny.
So if you’re in the market to trick out your NRL rig, or just a hunter who wants more out of your Impact, I can honestly say it’s worth the money. It’s got styling, strength, and you can support a USA company that designs, manufactures, and sells their products because they love the hobby.

Andy

IMG_7595.jpeg

IMG_7596.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Michael