Beeman Kodiak Island

Thanks F43!
As I mentioned....I love these big beasts. These and the Theoben Eliminators. ....especially. 25 calibre.
I've been fortunate to acquire these 4 Kodiaks... especially the 2 gas rams.
Some are critical of the Webley trigger, but for what it is....a Magnum springer....it has a very good trigger.
I'll keep on buying these rifles if I can. I'm hoping to find one in .20 calibre.

JC
You will be looking for a LONG time as they never made them. I’ve rebarrel them to .20 to try but it’s fruitless as it’s made for .25 call.. why retune a gun to make a decent shot cycle when there are other guns that do it better..
.22 is even a bit Small for the stroke and volume.

Reactions: kingfisher61
Thanks F43!
As I mentioned....I love these big beasts. These and the Theoben Eliminators. ....especially. 25 calibre.
I've been fortunate to acquire these 4 Kodiaks... especially the 2 gas rams.
Some are critical of the Webley trigger, but for what it is....a Magnum springer....it has a very good trigger.
I'll keep on buying these rifles if I can. I'm hoping to find one in .20 calibre.

JC
Sorry John, as AGR has already said and I took a quick a quick look at the Blue Book. You'll have to hope it's wrong and it has been before, but says they were only made in .22 and .25, so getting one in .20 will mean getting someone to re-barrel the rifle for you if you really want one.
Like KWK's .25 cal Tomahawk. The Book says they were only made in .177 and .22, yet he has one in .25, so factory built or a re-barrel by a prior owner?? I'm hoping the Book is wrong and they also made them in .20 along with the Webley Longbow, since I'd love to own both in the caliber, but I'll probably have to settle for having one of my Turk built Tomahawks re-barreled to actually get one...lol.

Sorry John, as AGR has already said and I took a quick a quick look at the Blue Book. You'll have to hope it's wrong and it has been before, but says they were only made in .22 and .25, so getting one in .20 will mean getting someone to re-barrel the rifle for you if you really want one.
Like KWK's .25 cal Tomahawk. The Book says they were only made in .177 and .22, yet he has one in .25, so factory built or a re-barrel by a prior owner?? I'm hoping the Book is wrong and they also made them in .20 along with the Webley Longbow, since I'd love to own both in the caliber, but I'll probably have to settle for having one of my Turk built Tomahawks re-barreled to actually get one...lol.
No Tommy’s we’re ever made in .20 production guns. I have made them as well as V Mach. No longbows we’re ever made in .20 ,(production). but I will be making one shortly. Great gun for the caliber. I distaste .177 in general , but in .22 they are deadly smooth and hit a great 13 , ft lbs. lean on them they get snappy. I’m shooting for 12 ft lbs .20

As for factory .25 Tommys,yes, there were a few made and stamped. Ive owned them
That being said ALL Webley .25 barrels were crap shoot at best. Loose and no chokes.

I just did a LW ..25 Tommy does a solid 20 ft lbs. its not at all stock.. custom piston and Venom spring.

Reactions: fishing43
My trio, .25 in the middle .22 top & bottom, all springers

432.JPG

They were in a pseudo walnut . It was not American Black walnut, or a true walnut.I’ve owned several of them.
In stock form they are twangy and rough. Almost every .25 barrels were loose fitting and un choked. Making them harsh.. Tuned they can do 28 to 30 behaved ft lbs. Get them loaded up with a bigger spring and no additional work they will self destruct Your arm and shoulder.
They need extensive work to make them smooth as can be at 30 ft lbs.

This one is a shell of what a Kodiak it was. It uses the tube and breech block ,which was machined to match the tube .The rear plug was replaced with a solid metal machined one for proper holding power. The barrel was replaced with a Lothar Walther .25, and shrouded . A custom bespoke piston was made as well as guides and spring. The cocking arm was replaced as well as the Trigger re machined with hardened pins at contact points. All reblue and a custom stock make this a 30 ft lb gem.. for 30 ft lbs. There is no free lunch and physics can’t be beat,for evey action there is a re- action , so ,bent yes.. Its not a R9 to cock and had a solid rear recoil, but dead blow and accurate..

View attachment 411637

View attachment 411638

View attachment 411639

View attachment 411640

View attachment 411641

View attachment 411642

View attachment 411643

View attachment 411644
Sure would like to go to your garage sale ! when is it ?

Reactions: A.G.R
You will be looking for a LONG time as they never made them. I’ve rebarrel them to .20 to try but it’s fruitless as it’s made for .25 call.. why retune a gun to make a decent shot cycle when there are other guns that do it better..
.22 is even a bit Small for the stroke and volume.
For some reason I thought they made a .20. If anyone could make one, it's you. I would have liked to shoot one of your rebarreled ones.
Guess I'll stick with .25. Thanks for the information.

For some reason I thought they made a .20. If anyone could make one, it's you. I would have liked to shoot one of your rebarreled ones.
Guess I'll stick with .25. Thanks for the information.
Want one in .20, I'd say find one just to tinker with. Keep the original breech block/barrel obviously and see if you can get hands on another to re-barrel it. I'm one of the oddballs who would just because I have a thing for finding out for myself first hand...lol.
Some things have worked out, others haven't, but it's always fun trying.

First off, beautiful guns, and ones in my short list for a long while. But they are nowhere to be seen around here, unlike the Hatsan Patriots.

When these rifles first arrived on the scene in the 80s
The Webley Patriot came out in the early 90's.
They were in a pseudo walnut . It was not American Black walnut, or a true walnut.
There is no 'pseudo walnut' in the Patriots. The European walnut (Juglans regia) is every bit as real a walnut as the American one (Juglans nigra), and has been used for high-end gunstocks for centuries. That it does not look as pretty, typically, is another thing.
people get them and find out how heavy and hard to cock they are and never shoot them
Patriots have a heavy cocking effort and they weigh the same as most German and British springers, but to say people buy these and never use them is just not true.

Many Patriots have seen years of hard use, even by people advanced in age. After getting used to the 10# German guns, the Patriot is just another in the general ballpark, and still lighter, easier to cock and handier to use than my H135, which sees plenty of action.

Reactions: fishing43
First off, beautiful guns, and ones in my short list for a long while. But they are nowhere to be seen around here, unlike the Hatsan Patriots.

There is no 'pseudo walnut' in the Patriots. The European walnut (Juglans regia) is every bit as real a walnut as the American one (Juglans nigra), and has been used for high-end gunstocks for centuries. That it does not look as pretty, typically, is another thing.

Patriots have a heavy cocking effort and they weigh the same as most German and British springers, but to say people buy these and never use them is just not true.

Many Patriots have seen years of hard use, even by people advanced in age. After getting used to the 10# German guns, the Patriot is just another in the general ballpark, and still lighter, easier to cock and handier to use than my H135, which sees plenty of action.
Toxiclon,
Thanks for the fact check. Indeed Kodiak came out in 1993.

"There is no 'pseudo walnut' in the Patriots. The European walnut (Juglans regia) is every bit as real a walnut as the American one (Juglans nigra), and has been used for high-end gunstocks for centuries. That it does not look as pretty, typically, is another thing."

That depends greatly on growing conditions. Not every black walnut tree will produce fine wood either. Juglas regia includes a very wide range. English walnut quilt pattern or Turkish/Circassian can be mind blowing.

"There is no 'pseudo walnut' in the Patriots. The European walnut (Juglans regia) is every bit as real a walnut as the American one (Juglans nigra), and has been used for high-end gunstocks for centuries. That it does not look as pretty, typically, is another thing."

That depends greatly on growing conditions. Not every black walnut tree will produce fine wood either. Juglas regia includes a very wide range. English walnut quilt pattern or Turkish/Circassian can be mind blowing.
It’s not Walnut species.. it’s a odd all Merbau/ Monkey pod/Heva wood..
some special picked and cut may have made it through but the factory Tommy’s and Patriots THE ONLY ONE that had the non beech stocks were NOT any walnut at all.