• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Know Thy Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic...

HUNTER’S REBUTTAL TO PETA’S ANTI-HUNTING ARTICLE

https://www.livelovehunt.com/hunters-rebuttal-to-petas-anti-hunting-article/

Earlier this year peta2, PETA's youth division, released an article titled: What's Wrong With Hunting? Their answer… everything; as listed in eight detailed reasons why you should not support hunting. Live Love Hunt supports legal hunting, trapping, and fishing; here’s what we have to say about peta2/PETA’s article:

Before even beginning with the 8 bullet points, let's take a look at that opening sentence:
"Studies show that today, most hunters stalk and kill animals for the thrill of it, not out of necessity."

Studies? You're claiming that multiple studies have been conducted and all have the same conclusion to support this statement. Throughout your article you give quotes from conservation agencies and cite studies from universities; why not provide a link as to where you found evidence to support this leading statement? Because no such studies have ever been conducted; your article is not off to a good start!

---
Online PETA operatives use the same tactic: "Studies show" ...'I heard' ... 'Seems to me' ... I believe ...Etc, and then they never show the source because the source doesn't exist.

I liked this response the most from the above link:

3. peta2/PETA: Hunting is not a sport.

According to peta2/PETA, a sport is between two teams with a referee and hunters always have an unfair advantage. These animals live every minute of their lives listening and constantly watching for predators. A human hunter is no different than a furry predator; the end result is the same. If these animals aren't paying attention to every twig snap, every scent blowing through the wind, they will die. A deer’s sense of smell can be anywhere from 500 to 1,000 times more acute than humans and can see 5 times better than we do; a wolf's sense of smell is 100 times better than humans; and bears have been observed to travel up to 18 miles in a straight line to its desired food source!

Hunting with a gun is the 3rd safest sport when compared to 28 other popular sports; and has a lower injury rate than golf, volleyball, and tackle football. - National Shooting Sports Foundation

Heh, the "Counselor" can't relax. 

He is the smartest man in the room. If you can't see that he is more than happy to expound upon it complete with "definitions" out of Websters and great long winded sarcasms. It probably has something to do with that "post graduate" credit he got for getting lost at Big Bend.

But hey, he's right about the PETA faction. They are like any other "one button" political movement these days, all mouth and no ears. Ain't "Teh Interwebz" great?

Just agree with him and move along. Frankly I thought I was the only jackass here who had a gift for picking fights by writing arrogant long winded insults couched as "explanations" of complex ideas.

Thanks. I figure he's the last to get invited and the first asked to leave. Folks like that made me perfect the skill of faking that I had a phone call just to get the hell out of the room.

Since Cornpone was kind enough to share w/ me this AGN rule, I'll repost it here for your benefit and as a reminder to him:

1) Any Member sharing injury, violence, insults, slander, politics, racism, religion, unauthorized advertising, profanity, obscenity, unsafe operation & handling, or illegal use of an airgun will have said content removed and be issued an administrative warning.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/gano-swarm-magnum-wow/#post-958365

Yeah, I know, it's hard if you don't understand the rules. Sometimes it helps to offer a definition 😉. Here is one for you.
slander.1621901982.jpg

Draw your own delusions, cutie. 

😙

Status
Not open for further replies.