• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Know Thy Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heh, the "Counselor" can't relax. 

He is the smartest man in the room. If you can't see that he is more than happy to expound upon it complete with "definitions" out of Websters and great long winded sarcasms. It probably has something to do with that "post graduate" credit he got for getting lost at Big Bend.

But hey, he's right about the PETA faction. They are like any other "one button" political movement these days, all mouth and no ears. Ain't "Teh Interwebz" great?

Just agree with him and move along. Frankly I thought I was the only jackass here who had a gift for picking fights by writing arrogant long winded insults couched as "explanations" of complex ideas.

I guess these folks don't listen so well. Acts 10:12-15. No problem killing and eating animals for food according to the most high.

I agree. But, what about pest control?

Have you read:

Holy Cows: How PETA Twists Religion To Push Animal "Rights"

https://petakillsanimals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/PetaReligion.pdf

No and won't. None of that nonsense is from the Lord. Just a bunch of stiff-necked fools. Animals are not looked upon like his firstfruits are. As far as pest control, I would guess that one would probably fall under the judgment of ones heart on this one. In my view, If one is protecting ones farming, that would be a nonissue as you are putting his firstfruits first over an animal. I am not the Lord though, just another sinner.

He is the smartest man in the room and if you can't see that he is more than happy to explain it complete with "definitions" out of websters and great long winded explanations. It probably has something to do with that "post graduate" credit he got for getting lost at Big Bend.

But hey, he's right about the PETA faction. They are like any other "one button" political movement these days.

Just agree with him and move along. Frankly I thought I was the only jackass here who had a gift for writing arrogant long winded insults couched as "explanations" of complex ideas.

Yes, its true. I and a friend did get lost in the desert at Big Bend State Park. We were at the end of the line lollygagging and missed the class turning to the right on a particular trail. We kept going straight. 

Fortunately, the Professor of the class has equipped everyone w/ compasses beforehand, so .... wait for it ..... wait for it.... "The Counselor" and his bud were initially Ok in that "The Counselor" had shot an azimuth prior to leaving camp and had determined the location of the camp was at an angle of 330 degrees.

(Please let me know if I'm speaking Greek to you during this ... 'great long winded explanation').

Anyway, I shot an azimuth again where we were once it dawned on us our class had disappeared and noted the way back. My bud was skeptical. He said ... "There's a hill there". I replied: "Yes, and the camp is on the other side of that hill".

So we hiked to the hill and climbed up said hill .... we get to the top and... VOILA!

There was another hill in the same direction. Ooops.

My bud says: "We're still lost. I'm turning back".

Now here's the thing. I knew we were heading in the right direction and I didn't really want him to abandon me. I was down to a third of a canteen of water (I had started out w/ 2 one quart canteens and a 2 quart collapsible canteen that also served as my pillow). My bud had started w/ THREE fricking gallons of water. He was lugging approximately 24 lbs of water during the death march.

And still had a gallon left. Anyway ... he left. Oh well.........

I continued on ... (After all, when you're right, you're RIGHT! Right?) ... I went down the hill, climbed up the next hill just KNOWING once I reached the summit, I was either going to come across a den of rattlesnakes or ANOTHER hill.

I looked down from the summit ... and saw the camp. 

"I just love it when a plan comes together" - Lt. Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith

My bud had found the trail the class ad taken AND also found a woman in the class who had stopped to take care of her business (Gnomesayin?) and afterward once she was situated found that the class had disappeared. Those two WERE 'lost in the desert'.

But, it came out ok. After I'd finished chugging a gallon and a half of water back at the camp I even joined in the search for our missing classmates.

I guess these folks don't listen so well. Acts 10:12-15. No problem killing and eating animals for food according to the most high.

Have you read:

No and won't. None of that nonsense is from the Lord. Just a bunch of stiff-necked fools. Animals are not looked upon like his firstfruits are. As far as pest control, I would guess that one would probably fall under the judgment of ones heart on this one. In my view, If one is protecting ones farming, that would be a nonissue as you are putting his firstfruits first over an animal. I am not the Lord though, just another sinner.

Actually, the book is an expose of PETA's tactic of using religion for its agenda. It's a good book. Ok, so lets recap: protecting ones farming is a good reason for pest control.

What about when one isn't protecting the first fruits? Is pest control still ok?

Have you read:

Actually, the book is an expose of PETA's tactic of using religion for its agenda. It's a good book. Ok, so lets recap: protecting ones farming is a good reason for pest control.

What about when one isn't protecting the first fruits? Is pest control still ok?

Well, that's between you and the most high. I figure if your are pesting, it is for the good of his firstfruits, but again, I am not the boss.

Well, that's between you and the most high. I figure if your are pesting, it is for the good of his firstfruits, but again, I am not the boss.

Close enough. I have a bird feeder in my backyard. It is there primarily to serve as 'TV' for my 2 cats so they can watch the feline version of the Discovery channel all day.

I'm not a farmer; but, I do keep a garden. Certain birds which the bird feeder helps to attract eat insects that are harmful to my garden. Other birds such as hosps DO eat aphids which is good, but they only do that when feeding their nestlings ... which is not so good. Also cowbirds which eat aphids are in direct competition w/ hosps so each time a hosp is removed another cowbird or finch will show up. There's a mated pair of red headed finches that like to much there.

At the moment a brown thrasher is in the backyard eating insects. Brown thrashers are cool birds. They look like a miniature brown road runner. It has a mate too.

He is the smartest man in the room. If you can't see that he is more than happy to expound upon it complete with "definitions" out of Websters and great long winded sarcasms. It probably has something to do with that "post graduate" credit he got for getting lost at Big Bend.

But hey, he's right about the PETA faction. They are like any other "one button" political movement these days, all mouth and no ears. Ain't "Teh Interwebz" great?

Just agree with him and move along. Frankly I thought I was the only jackass here who had a gift for picking fights by writing arrogant long winded insults couched as "explanations" of complex ideas.

Thanks. I figure he's the last to get invited and the first asked to leave. Folks like that made me perfect the skill of faking that I had a phone call just to get the hell out of the room.

Close enough. I have a bird feeder in my backyard. It is there primarily to serve as 'TV' for my 2 cats so they can watch the feline version of the Discovery channel all day.

I'm not a farmer; but, I do keep a garden. Certain birds which the bird feeder helps to attract eat insects that are harmful to my garden. Other birds such as hosps DO eat aphids which is good, but they only do that when feeding their nestlings ... which is not so good. Also cowbirds which eat aphids are in direct competition w/ hosps so each time a hosp is removed another cowbird or finch will show up. There's a mated pair of red headed finches that like to much there.

At the moment a brown thrasher is in the backyard eating insects. Brown thrashers are cool birds. They look like a miniature brown road runner. It has a mate too.

What I do know from my studies is that what comes out of ones mouth and their actions reveals their heart, which is what is judged in the end. So, if you are good their then it shouldn't be an issue whatever you decided to do in life whether pesting or whatever. Even if it is wrong but in your heart you had good intentions, your heart was in the right place to you. Shooting an animal for fun with no reasoning other than just to shoot it probably won't fly as you had ill intent doing such. If you shot a red squirrel just because it was attacking a gray squirrel, well you had a soft heart for the other animal, right. I dispatched a ground hog a short while back that was digging up my yard and garden. I felt good about protecting my homestead with no ill feeling other than I wished I didn't have to. So even though I dispatched the critter, it was for good reasons in my heart and I showed compassion for the critter doing so as I made sure there was no suffering. It's all about the heart that is judged.

Thanks. I figure he's the last to get invited and the first asked to leave. Folks like that made me perfect the skill of faking that I had a phone call just to get the hell out of the room.

Since Cornpone was kind enough to share w/ me this AGN rule, I'll repost it here for your benefit and as a reminder to him:

1) Any Member sharing injury, violence, insults, slander, politics, racism, religion, unauthorized advertising, profanity, obscenity, unsafe operation & handling, or illegal use of an airgun will have said content removed and be issued an administrative warning.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/gano-swarm-magnum-wow/#post-958365

I visited the thread to make a contribution and got a lot of information that I didn't read or ask for. **** your analysis... go do something.

Off topic gifs incorrectly posted are a 'contribution'? M'kay...........

Here's an idea I think you will find beneficial for both of us. Don't post in my threads. Don't read my threads. Ignore them entirely. I'll do the same to yours.

Is that a workable compromise?

What I do know from my studies is that what comes out of ones mouth and their actions reveals their heart, which is what is judged in the end. So, if you are good their then it shouldn't be an issue whatever you decided to do in life whether pesting or whatever. Even if it is wrong but in your heart you had good intentions, your heart was in the right place to you. Shooting an animal for fun with no reasoning other than just to shoot it probably won't fly as you had ill intent doing such.

I would tend to agree.

[It is] not what enters into the mouth that defiles a man, but what proceeds out of the mouth. - [Matthew 15:11]

I got the quote from the book 'Holy Cows'.

What I do know from my studies is that what comes out of ones mouth and their actions reveals their heart, which is what is judged in the end. So, if you are good their then it shouldn't be an issue whatever you decided to do in life whether pesting or whatever. Even if it is wrong but in your heart you had good intentions, your heart was in the right place to you. Shooting an animal for fun with no reasoning other than just to shoot it probably won't fly as you had ill intent doing such.

I would tend to agree.

[It is] not what enters into the mouth that defiles a man, but what proceeds out of the mouth. - [Matthew 15:11]

I got the quote from the book 'Holy Cows'.

I think you get the Lord's message. I reluctantly must leave this topic as continuing on knowing it would be in violations of the AGN rules and would violate member privilege's would not sit well with me. Enjoyed the conversation with you!

I think you get the Lord's message. I reluctantly must leave this topic as continuing on knowing it would be in violations of the AGN rules and would violate member privilege's would not sit well with me. Enjoyed the conversation with you!

I enjoyed the convo too, treat. I can't call you 'trigger' in good conscience since that's a term I use towards people at other forums when they get upset, ie. 'triggered'.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Triggered

Calling them 'trigger' in such a situation tends to get them even more triggered. LOL

I enjoyed the convo too, treat. I can't call you 'trigger' in good conscience since that's a term I use towards people at other forums when they get upset, ie. 'triggered'.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Triggered

Calling them 'trigger' in such a situation tends to get them even more triggered. LOL

LOL. I had to come up with something for a handle. Trigger is good for me! But, yeah...Knowing it would be ill intent towards others would not be good on you.

LOL. I had to come up with something for a handle. Trigger is good for me! But, yeah...Knowing it would be ill intent towards others would not be good on you.

Yeah, probably not. Trouble is when you're online and someone trolls you, its usually a good idea to troll them back. Otherwise, one can get a rep for being a pushover. I'm a Christian; but, to me 'Christian' does not equal a doormat or a pushover. 

Yeah, probably not. Trouble is when you're online and someone trolls you, its usually a good idea to troll them back. Otherwise, one can get a rep for being a pushover. I'm a Christian; but, to me 'Christian' does not equal a doormat or a pushover. 

Well, be careful with that one. "An eye for an eye" was replaced and if often misused/misquoted these days. It is best to not stoop to their level and be the better man. keep your sights on the prize at all cost. It will be well worth your efforts.

I visited the thread to make a contribution and got a lot of information that I didn't read or ask for. **** your analysis... go do something.

Here's an idea I think you will find beneficial for both of us. Don't post in my threads. Don't read my threads. Ignore them entirely. I'll do the same to yours.

**** Off

Well, be careful with that one. "An eye for an eye" was replaced and if often misused/misquoted these days. It is best to not stoop to their level and be the better man. keep your sights on the prize at all cost. It will be well worth your efforts.

This fellow put it the best way:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

F*ck Off

Ultimate Parrots Swearing like humans l Compilation110 *REUPLOAD*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSuiOf1eXs4

Using obscene language is so birdbrained, don't you agree?

Do you kiss your mother w/ that mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.