KnockOut MKII Inconsistency

Yesterday I came across a tin of the KnockOut MKII's in .25 cal on my shelf. I figured I put a mag of them through my M3 just for fun.
The first several shots were fantastic, then a wild one, a few shots later another, then I had a bit of an issue in that it seemed a slug wouldn't load from the mag as smoothly as the others........
So, I took out the mag to figure it out. From the same tin, most fit the mag perfectly, some were so small they slid right through the mag and lined up all cockeyed when they were in the loading position of the mag, others were so big I had to force them through the mag back onto the table.

It's too bad since I really liked the way the correctly sized ones loaded.
I have great results with another brand so I have no desire to sort tins to be able to use them.

Reactions: TimeRabbit
I couldn’t help myself so I decided to sort them. This tin was sealed until yesterday. Right away I noticed something quite obvious that I missed when I loaded yesterday. There are a bunch of 22 cal in there. 62 remaining to be exact! Off the actual 25 cal all of them were 6.4 mm except two that were 6.45. That explains things a bit. Lol. I guess a tin slipped through quality control.

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

It happened to me today.. I cleaned the barrel of my uragan 1 which is shooting 25gr knockouts 1 at 970fps is usually a hole in hole at 40y but they were shooting 1"at 40y I opened another tin of the same batch # and they where accurate again. as guns have progress to perfection JSB is getting behind giving us such a crapy product.. with all kinds of ridiculous excuses.. how could it be possible that is the most recognized brand of air gun ammo , and they deliver such bad products.. when the cnc machines today make pices of incredible tolerances , and they expect us to believe that is impossible to have what ever the amount is they need of the exact same die.. is simply a lie

It happened to me today.. I cleaned the barrel of my uragan 1 which is shooting 25gr knockouts 1 at 970fps is usually a hole in hole at 40y but they were shooting 1"at 40y I opened another tin of the same batch # and they where accurate again. as guns have progress to perfection JSB is getting behind giving us such a crapy product.. with all kinds of ridiculous excuses.. how could it be possible that is the most recognized brand of air gun ammo , and they deliver such bad products.. when the cnc machines today make pices of incredible tolerances , and they expect us to believe that is impossible to have what ever the amount is they need of the exact same die.. is simply a lie
At least these were consistent..........lol
Just two different calibers in one tin!

Reactions: mercado
NOW is of men to recognize when some coment could be a bit of .. so I decided today to clean the barrel of my .177 uragan 1 .. and it did the same thing .. but that one used 15gr nsa so I thought could it be that the sealed bag could have still some lubricant in it that could be helping the acurracy.. so I decided to lube the batch that was not working in either gun , the 177 and the .22 .. and it turned out that they were again hole in hole..at least now in my case I know that I must find out what lubricant are being used for air guns and lube all my slugs..I learned something new today since I don't shoot a lot I had never been in need to lube anything..but it Sims to be that is necessary after the slugs have been opened of their original packaging or they have been stored for a few months.. so in this case it has nothing to do with the product .. it was me not knowing that lube slugs really made a difference..