knock off yong heng ?

Most of us that I've seen are using the "gold" filter from China. If you search AliExpress you can find one shipped for $70. Here is the link to one from EBay. We fill the filter with Zeolite 13X and keep a small one inch section of the cotton filter on each end of the Zeolite...

​If I were you I wouldn't use the Hydraulic Oil at all and start with the synthetic Air Compressor Oil like the Royal Purple SynFilm compressor oil.

http://r.ebay.com/8LPgvn

Finally got this contraption back together , just need to find some oil and sort out the coolant lines that don't fit the quick disconnects on the head . Hand pumping the crown to 250 bar two or three times a day is getting old lol
1522718397_12664074235ac2d6bd7bdd16.47217378_0331180332a.jpg

On the AliExpress site (and elsewhere) I noticed that, in addition to the "automatic shutoff and pressure set" versions of the YONG HENG pump, there are a "SIMPLE" version and a "HARDCOVER" version. The first two are self explanatory but there is a difference between the "simple" and "hardcover" versions. The "hardcover" version has two loops of HORIZONTAL metal tubing around the pump housing ( above the black cooling radiator fins) . BUT the "simple" version only has one vertical loop between the upper part and lower part of the housing. ( see the link below) 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/300BAR-30MPA-4500PSI-High-Pressure-Air-Pump-Electric-Air-Compressor-for-Pneumatic-Airgun-Scuba-Rifle-PCP/32815880523.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.17.40bd3c4db4uTMD&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.80892.000000000000000&pvid=3c4cb1d8-0839-4598-8672-6fea662c3ee4&tpp=1

So... does anyone know what the difference is between the "simple" and the "hardcover" versions.

Thanx

Mike

The simpler version does not have the water cyclone between there first and second stages of the pump. The other three models have it. The lower horizontal tube is the output from the first stage and goes to the cyclone separator which then returns it to the input of the second stage. Second stage output then goes to the output block. The cyclone separator and fittings are available from AliExpress, so you can add it in afterward. But if course it's much simpler if you buy it with the separator already installed. I added it afterward because there was a great deal on the simple version at the time. Hope that helps!

The twin tower filtration system is confusing to me. I know the first tower is a cyclone tower water separator and is extremely beneficial to anyone using a Yong Heng or equivalent Tuxing compressor. The cartridge for the second tower only contains activated charcoal. My understanding is that activated charcoal is for purifying air for dive tanks by removing oil vapors and odors from the air. The second tower filter cartridge doesn't include desiccant beads to dry the air. PCPs don't benefit from breathable quality air,so what the benefit fom a second filter tower when filling airgun tanks?

Well ran this compressor for the first time tonight and not impressed . Thing goes from 20 to 65c in under 5 min , water wetter and ice in the bucket and yes the pump is working . Turned the oil black with a lot of metallic particles in it just adding 100 bar to the crown . Looks like I will continue hand pumping while I bite the bullet and start shopping for a proper compressor . Win some loose some I guess .

I have the same compressor. The pump that came with the unit sucked sputtering and such so i bought a wet saw pump at home depot (royobi)
It takes about 30mins to top off my 109cu/ft tank from about 3200 to 4300psi. I use about 5lbs of ice and enough water to cover the pump and it never gos over 40c
I also use non detergent 30# oil in the piston block.I have run it a dozen times so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed!