King of RMAC 2022

It's easier to bitch and whine and try to hold people back than build them up. This guy did well? Let's scrutinize the gear!

Everyone knows these unreliable guns, with the flimsy action and soda straw barrels simply can't produce results on their own merit. (This is called sarcasm, please don't put me on time-out again)
Yep. Its not like he was the only competitor that could shoot unrestricted and use that type of setup. If people want restrictions join a shooting event that has the restrictions you want but dont try and turn every comp into one that has limits.

I seriously want to add some weight to my bench setup to see how it reacts. It is probably in the wrong location but I needed something heavy and because it is just a experiment not expensive. I found it on my hydraulic press. Pretty heavy too. Just hope the weight doesn't break the gun.

20220913_071414.jpg

20220912_214143.jpg

20220913_070319.jpg

The other thing i can try is wheel weights in different locations. But dont want to use the extremely sticky double sided tape.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
Screenshot_20221024-172127_Gallery.jpg

Well today I took my impact to the range with the added weight. It did make a noticeable difference in the way the gun moves when shot. My impact does move a lot more than it used to after I put the larger plenum, power block, titanium hammer, Huma reg, and higher reg pressure. I was firing some 40 gr H&N slugs today at 1030 fps to give you an idea of how much it is putting out.

20221024_101133.jpg

I think my groups would shrink even more when I have everything sorted out but I do like the added weight.

I should have slid it as forward as I could to see if it improved or not. There is no way I could compete, as I already just get too excited every time I go try something new 🙄

Allen

Last edited:
I saw the same setup at EBR 2022, and it did well. He made the finals (top 30) and then finished 15th right behind Chris Jenson of AoA shooting a new .30 BRK Ghost.
What was truly impressive is the performance of both Jeffrey Hernandez and Nicolay Boldov. Nicolay finished 2nd the second year in a row (2021, 2022) after finishing first in 2019. And Jeffrey finished first Sportsman in 2021 (and 2nd overall) and first in 2022 Pro. Another notable performance was Kjell Pehrson who finished 3rd at 2022 RMAC and 4th at 2022 EBR. There goes that theory flying out the window that repeatable top finishes are not possible because there is "too much" luck involved at 100Y with pellets. :unsure: Either that, or those three guys brought a bushel of rabbit's feet with them!

• Haha
Reactions: Healthservices