• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kinda weird here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone please direct me to the "I'm not a pretentious target-only shooter that suggests a $2k+ gun is the only solution in every single thread" section? I don't see it.

Sure. Here is a recent response to a person looking to purchase a 600.00 hunting PCP.

"If you truly have a need to hunt deer for food, I would suggest a typical centerfire rifle.

If you could accept hunting up to raccoon size game a used Marauder in .22 or .25 would be a great starting point. As pointed out you will need a hand pump at a minimum, but that will almost certainly take the enjoyment out of the experience. You would most likely need an SCBA tank and a place to fill it to 4500psi.

If you can accept hunting up to rabbit size game then you can get most spring guns in your budget new or used. If this becomes a hobby you enjoy you will never regret having a great spring gun. Many members here who have the best of the best PCP's will often post about the joys of just grabbing a tin of pellets and heading out for a day of fun with their beloved springer. The first adult airgun I purchased was a quality spring gun (HW77) and if push came to shove it would be the last gun I would part with. Something special about your first good airgun.

I see this is your first post.

WELCOME to the forum! Best bunch of folks in the industry live right here."

Similarly, I see you are new to the forum. Welcome, there is much to learn here, and great folks to learn from.

Nope! A $200 refurbished Umarex Gauntlet can be just as accurate as a $2000 gun and in fact even more accurate in some instances including reliability. I get more of a thrill when the CHEAP guns I buy can match the expensive ones on paper. YO!

According to the vocal majority here, what you speak of is impossible.

Lots of unbacked statements being tossed around. Gauntlet can be a lot of things, they will never be as refined as 2K PCPs... Get over it... We’re all shooters first, the platform is secondary. Shoot what you like and can afford.

Can someone please direct me to the "I'm not a pretentious target-only shooter that suggests a $2k+ gun is the only solution in every single thread" section? I don't see it.

Sure. Here is a recent response to a person looking to purchase a 600.00 hunting PCP.

"If you truly have a need to hunt deer for food, I would suggest a typical centerfire rifle.

If you could accept hunting up to raccoon size game a used Marauder in .22 or .25 would be a great starting point. As pointed out you will need a hand pump at a minimum, but that will almost certainly take the enjoyment out of the experience. You would most likely need an SCBA tank and a place to fill it to 4500psi.

If you can accept hunting up to rabbit size game then you can get most spring guns in your budget new or used. If this becomes a hobby you enjoy you will never regret having a great spring gun. Many members here who have the best of the best PCP's will often post about the joys of just grabbing a tin of pellets and heading out for a day of fun with their beloved springer. The first adult airgun I purchased was a quality spring gun (HW77) and if push came to shove it would be the last gun I would part with. Something special about your first good airgun.

I see this is your first post.

WELCOME to the forum! Best bunch of folks in the industry live right here."

Similarly, I see you are new to the forum. Welcome, there is much to learn here, and great folks to learn from.

There are plenty of break barrels that will kill hogs, coyotes and deer. Thanks for the welcome.

I agree L.Leon and echo that, as well as what Yo said. A $200 Umarex is pretty incredible. Correct, it isn’t that Lamborghini of Airguns. But both the Umarex and the FX Impact bring loads of fun and this hobby can be enjoyed by everyone. There is nothing wrong using a $35 Daisy or a $3500 Extreme Big Bore. Choose your own adventure and have fun!

Nope! A $200 refurbished Umarex Gauntlet can be just as accurate as a $2000 gun and in fact even more accurate in some instances including reliability. I get more of a thrill when the CHEAP guns I buy can match the expensive ones on paper. YO!

This is kind of where I am at right now with the hobby. There is a sense of accomplishment when you get your Chinese P15 to outshoot a Taipan. It isn't easy or cheap but its a fun process. I still buy expensive guns but some of my cheaper ones, that I built, I will never part with.

According to the vocal majority here, what you speak of is impossible.

That right there is on the soapbox stating 100% pure BULLpoop .. A wiggly barrel, loose receiver, It needs a barrel band Gauntlet .... LAUGHABLE !!

Yo, I think the issue isn’t that some people will buy what they want and some people will not. The issue with this thread is that it seems some people are upset if you enjoy shooting whatever it is that you enjoy, lol. 

I love cheap guns and expensive guns. It don’t matter to me. I love my Weihrauch. I don’t mind shooting a Gamo and seeing it not hit anything, lol. Heck, I have fun shooting squirt guns with my kids.

Ahhh how's about an Artemis M16 regulated to a Talon Tunes CF bottle with Lothar Walther Barrel? Poor man's Daystate Wolverine R regulated side lever. YO!

Yes, but you’re tinkering and modding away... all the while spending more cash. Money that could just go to a better PCP from the start. Some like to turn a “pigs ear” into a “silk purse” some just go ahead and buy the silk purse and are done. Like one poster already said, shoot what you like.

Ahhh how's about an Artemis M16 regulated to a Talon Tunes CF bottle with Lothar Walther Barrel? Poor man's Daystate Wolverine R regulated side lever. YO!

Yes, but you’re tinkering and modding away... all the while spending more cash. Money that could just go to a better PCP from the start. Some like to turn a “pigs ear” into a “silk purse” some just go ahead and buy the silk purse and are done. Like one poster already said, shoot what you like.

GOOD POINT! It's the FUN of it all that matters not necessarily the price whether expensive or cheap. But man I really gotta tell you it's just hard to explain when you get a dirt cheap gun and do a little tinkering and how awesome it shoots when done it's PRICELESS... YO!

So if you mention that Gamo and NP2s can’t hit the side of a barn compared to higher quality rifle, and you are not getting paid for by Gamo for advertisement, then you are therefore false in what you say? Odd line of reasoning. If you want to shoot Gamos by all means shoot Gamos. We will support you %100 and nobody is trying to change your mind about it. Gamos are fun. What is wrong with that?

So if you mention that Gamo and NP2s can’t hit the side of a barn compared to higher quality rifle, and you are not getting paid for by Gamo for advertisement, then you are therefore false in what you say? Odd line of reasoning. The guy said he enjoys squirt guns, relax. If you want to shoot Gamos by all means shoot Gamos. We will support you %100 and nobody is trying to change your mind about it. 

You can say it if you want to. It just isn't true. They shoot just fine. I'll shoot a lot of different guns. Just don't wanna be wasting time posting somewhere if all I am going to hear is "Gamos cant hit anything" from 4 or 5 loud people here. Just because you can't shoot well with them doesn't mean they aren't well made. This same debate happens with stuck up firearm people too. Tell a Glock or Sig guy that the Taurus G2C is the best compact 9mm at any price and watch their eyes start smoking. Having a finite answer to that is nearly impossible because shooters are different. Plenty of affordable weapons-of-a-projectiled-nature will shoot extremely well. For you to run around here decrying Gamo or similar, or shouting that $2k guns are the only guns worth a fvc! at every turn is ludicrous and offputting to new members. FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.