• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Kind of a Deceptive way of doing business ?

To start with i have Never had a bad deal with these guys until this one....

Nothing major but just kind of a chicken XXXX way of doing business

I was looking for some pellets, doing my normal shop around deal, quickly realized i was hunting for " Red October " as far as being in stock when i come across this . Click on link

FX Air Rifle Pellets .177 Cal, 10.3 Grains, Domed, 500ct., 4.52mm IN STOCK - Baker Airguns

Ok Great , to Me " In Stock , Ready To Ship " means just that READY TO SHIP. ( at least on my website it does )

So i place the order and the next day i get this email response from them 

Dear Customer:

Thanks for your order! These pellets are on backorder and will ship as soon as possible. Thanks!

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Baker Airguns LLC

WTF, i get a pdf of my Paid in Full Invoice with a note on said invoice, " they are back ordered " ... 

Bottom line i Wish i could get away with that XXXX in my business, or had the balls to even think about doing business that way.. just sayin'

Guys it not the money, its just not the right way to do things.....

I guess in todays hostile climate of dog eat dog business attitude this is acceptable ???

Never Again.....

MOD EDIT: Warning removed profanity & moved to Dealer Feedback section.

Right. Not everything is going to work smoothly all the time. Everything has to be updated and maintained. Sometimes issues don't become apparent UNTIL THEY HAPPEN. This is life. If you are unhappy, cancel the order. I'm sure Donny will be happy to oblige. He's a stand up guy.

Whats with this ammo craze, anyhow? I havnt ordered in close to a year, and I had maybe 8 tins. Slow down. Shoot less, pick a different gun, make your own ammo, use different ammo. Try a different hobby instead. Idk, I don't get it. 

Guys i get it , trust me, i spend EVERY morning updating my inventory on my site, i manage to do that, fill orders, machine the parts , clean the shop the whole nine yards with just my wife and myself .

I don't allow back orders on my site and you can set those parameters when adding sku's to your s product page, it's really not rocket science..

Our little shop has well over 300 sku's so if 2 people can manage it then a poopload of employee's should be able to as well..

Again i'm not upset about the money , its just a simple matter of staying on top of your business.. 

Last thing i will add, if by some odd chance i get over sold on a sku , it can happen when selling on multiple venues .. i ALWAYS send the refund Immediately with out having the customer contact me to do so....

Before I bought a gun from them, although it said it was in stock Donnie had to check to make sure because he said that it’s possible that it hasn’t been updated on the inventory. It happens to a lot of places. Sometimes their computer systems don’t automatically do it.There can be pellets one minute and the next minute gone. But luckily it was in stock like it said and he tested it and send it out the next day and it’s been a great rifle.

"Or it could be a simple mistake of not updating their inventory?"

They got me the same way. Having been in the retail business for forty years, I agree that's a chicken-s**t way to do business.

When I called them a month after placing my order I was told they expected the pellets to arrive the following week, and would call me when they arrived. That did not happen. So I called again a week after the promised call that didn't happen and was told they'd called and left a phone message... that (also) mysteriously did not show in my smart phone records.

Really?

So although I'm no business or tech genius, I don't believe this "in stock" when it's not bulls**t is a mistake or oversight. But if it is, in my opinion they have no business being in business. 

I whole-heartedly recommend Krale... in the Netherlands!

Guys i get it , trust me, i spend EVERY morning updating my inventory on my site, i manage to do that, fill orders, machine the parts , clean the shop the whole nine yards with just my wife and myself .

I don't allow back orders on my site and you can set those parameters when adding sku's to your s product page, it's really not rocket science..

Our little shop has well over 300 sku's so if 2 people can manage it then a poopload of employee's should be able to as well..

Again i'm not upset about the money , its just a simple matter of staying on top of your business.. 

Last thing i will add, if by some odd chance i get over sold on a sku , it can happen when selling on multiple venues .. i ALWAYS send the refund Immediately with out having the customer contact me to do so....

Then if you’re a small business, then you should understand that a customer bad mouthing your company before contacting you is frustrating and bad for business. Accidents happen, give them a chance to fix it!!

Firstly, I will personally refund anyone who wants a refund.

Just call 937-660-9152 and ask for me, Donnie.

Secondly, you would be very incorrect to assume that Baker Airguns doesn't want to sell you things.

My looks can only take the business so far.

What makes us so successful is selling people products.

Right now, all of y'all are being Hoardy McHoarder when it comes to ammo.

We'll get a shipment of say (hypothetically) 300 tins of 10.3 JSB pellets, list them on the website as IN STOCK, and come to find the next day that 6 people have ordered all 300 tins in an hour.

Yet there will also be a dozen other orders for a more reasonable amount of pellets....but the hoarders placed their orders first.

We're considering implementing a maximum order size just because of this.

I do sincerely apologize for the times you place an order and see that it says "IN STOCK" when it's not, but our automated stock status system goes completely ignored by shoppers.

That's why we started manually entering the stock status.

But alas, we do not work 24 hours a day.

Nor are we perfect.

I mean, I'm close....but not all the way perfect.

You probably just think that because I'm very pretty.

Like I said, if this has happened to you...I'll be glad to give you a full refund.

I also extend my sincere apologies.

I know it sucks.

The same thing happens to us with our vendors, and I was a shooter just like you long before I got into this business.

Nobody is trying to "pull anything" on you or "deceive" you.

Alright.....MAYBE I'm not as pretty as I make out...but that's it.

The pellet thing is just like I said, though.

-Donnie

Reactions: heavy-impact
We've been discussing this situation all morning here at Baker Airguns.

We are very bothered by your dissatisfaction, and want to make sure it never happens again.

We're going to implement a cure-all solution.

From now on, we will not allow backorders on ammo.

Within a day or so, we will have stock status removed from every ammo listing.

If a product is in stock, it will show on the website and you can order it.

If a product is not in stock, it WILL NOT show on the website and you won't be able to order it.

I hope this solution will prevent this situation from ever happening again.

Give us a couple days to make this happen, as we have a TON of listings and this must be done manually.

Very sorry again.

-Donnie

Thank You Donnie and the rest of you at Baker Airguns

I received your email as well and i do appreciate that personal touch.

To Everyone this post was Not intended as a bash session of BA, If you read my opening statement of the original post you will see that . The intention was to shine a light upon an issue within their current ( Now old ) system .

As a business owner since 1984 i have learned that constructive feedback is Very important , i may not have liked hearing it , but it was Normally sent, posted, discussed over the phone, without malice.... These individuals helped mold a much more streamlined experience for my future customers...

I want to say Thank You again to Everyone at BA , I felt i should post the positive outcome .

Take and Be Safe ,

B. Floyd.

p.s. - Donnie i will send a reply email to you as well