Killer deal on Caldwell Precision Turret @ Amazon

Every powder burner is going to recoil maybe except for the 22 calibers. This was suggested by the op as a deal buy towards AIRGUN enthusiasts as this is an airgun forum.

For the $79 price one cannot expect it to be like what a well seasoned benchrest shooter uses, that cost in the areas of $600-$1200, and made to order.

What this little rest has proven to me is it’s a great “tool” that doubles as a weekend shooting rest but more so as a gun maintenance tool.

if any of you has ever removed and rebuilt an impacts regulator by the trigger you know the gun needs to be upright muzzle up, and your hands free to hold a flashlight and pic tools. Try doing that with no vice while removing that inner 10 x 1.5mm o ring without a clamp tool such as this. I’ve rebuilt 3 impact regs in the last two weeks and this Caldwell rest with its vice has earned its keep. 

If I had a bigger shop I’d buy two more of these so I could work on three guns at a time. When I build my shooting shed one day you bet I’m going to outfit it with these as they are compact and offer all the basic adjustments for the average weekend target shooter 

0B629129-1CD7-4960-B708-74A5A65AF58A.1640304744.jpeg
I agree with the above, and I use mine much more as a vice, in fact there is currently a screwdriver clamped in mine, holding a stock as I apply finish…it swivels, it angles, it spins, it’ll even make eggs in the morning! Sorry, got a bit carried away…

Every powder burner is going to recoil maybe except for the 22 calibers. This was suggested by the op as a deal buy towards AIRGUN enthusiasts as this is an airgun forum.

For the $79 price one cannot expect it to be like what a well seasoned benchrest shooter uses, that cost in the areas of $600-$1200, and made to order.

What this little rest has proven to me is it’s a great “tool” that doubles as a weekend shooting rest but more so as a gun maintenance tool.

if any of you has ever removed and rebuilt an impacts regulator by the trigger you know the gun needs to be upright muzzle up, and your hands free to hold a flashlight and pic tools. Try doing that with no vice while removing that inner 10 x 1.5mm o ring without a clamp tool such as this. I’ve rebuilt 3 impact regs in the last two weeks and this Caldwell rest with its vice has earned its keep. 

If I had a bigger shop I’d buy two more of these so I could work on three guns at a time. When I build my shooting shed one day you bet I’m going to outfit it with these as they are compact and offer all the basic adjustments for the average weekend target shooter

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to write this up, I was just trying to post a great deal on a great product that can be used in numerous ways.