Killer deal on Caldwell Precision Turret @ Amazon

...thanks for posting...

...I never saw such a thing...I have me doubts but it looks promising...

...a review: 

Hands down the best rest I have ever owned for shooting PCP High Powered Airguns. This Air Venturi Avenger in .25 cal just put a whole lot of lead...JSB Hades 26.54 grain pellets @ 940 FPS in a Half inch hole at 65 yards. Yeah I can do that with the Lead Sled 1-2 and NSA 26.8 grain HP slugs with a Lead Sled but not as quickly or easily. This rest makes things super easy, and precise. You do you. For 65$ off the original price, and for under a 100$...for me it is a no brainer. Super high precision with ease. Up to you. I just stating the facts. The best rest I now own hands down...PERIOD! 32 rounds inside of a half inch whole...what more do you want? Wow...Just WOW! Shut the front door...I’m out man! Get you one, and step up your freaking game big time! Zero regrets at all.

This rest doubles as a pcp clamp vice tool for working on guns, too, along with scope mounting. I own both this and the stinger. Between the both they work great with bullpup style guns.

Just make sure and run a thread chaser tap thru the one clamp knob in charge of locking it from forward and backwards tilt, as when Caldwell built it whoever was in charge of that neglected to run the tap all the way thru. If nothing is done, your rest will irritatingly tip forward and back and you’ll never be able to tighten that knob to its fullest capacity. 

619CWhbJSL._AC_SL1500_.1640271925.jpg

A cheaper option is the Bog Rapid Shooting Rest. It is only $42 on Amazon. Maybe it's not as solid, but a much cheaper option.

https://www.amazon.com/BOG-Adjustment-Construction-Lightweight-Switcheroo/dp/B01NCZMAD2/ref=sr_1_35?crid=8BYKJ6JDIBGP&keywords=bog+deathgrip+tripod&qid=1640271734&sprefix=bog%2Caps%2C334&sr=8-35

...another review :

One of the bolt holes for attaching the bottom rest was machined poorly resulting in being unable to get the bolt fully screwed in. As a result, I have had to zip tie and tape one side in place. It may work. I am upset with this poor quality. Cheap threading bolt holes may work for some situations but not one where you need durability and depth of screw down. You cut the wrong corner. Have a one star, and know I will never buy any Caldwell products ever again. You run your business poorly and in trying to save a penny you have lost all my future business.

...I guess he needs a 6mm tap...LoL...

....FWIW 93% of the Amazon reviews are 4 or 5 stars...

619CWhbJSL._AC_SL1500_.1640271925.jpg
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3EA cheaper option is the Bog Rapid Shooting Rest. It is only $42 on Amazon. Maybe it's not as solid, but a much cheaper option.

https://www.amazon.com/BOG-Adjustment-Construction-Lightweight-Switcheroo/dp/B01NCZMAD2/ref=sr_1_35?crid=8BYKJ6JDIBGP&keywords=bog+deathgrip+tripod&qid=1640271734&sprefix=bog%2Caps%2C334&sr=8-35

...the thing that caught my attention @ Caldwell Turret is the way the clamp appears to eliminate the need to support the butt...

...it held onto a .308...?!?...cool...

...did you need to adjust the rifle during a shot string or did it hold it solidly...???...

...like many in this group my "shooting position" is basically a widow side table that offers space for a rest but nowhere for supporting the butt...

...my previous solution, a Caldwell DeadShot FieldPod, is a bit shaky and takes up most of my floor space...I don't need to move stuff on the table though...

...one does have to be more cautious aboot shooting one's window sills with the DeadShot...

...don't get all excited when a woodchuck appears in a non typical shooting lane you have not got the tripod/shot set up for......