• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Keyboard internet shooters

1579053364_2015610535e1e7134f11517.06765876_20200114_192940_HDR.jpg
ANYBODY can be a great shot on the internet. It makes me go hmmm, about all those out there who post fantastic groups from all sorts of distances...yet nobody has actually shot with them or they have never shot in any discipline.Now...Im not talking about YOU, I'm talking about all those others out there.😝

Most of the groups I see seem like they are within normal ranges without being super human. Most of the good groups come from shooting off a front rest or bag and most shooters clearly state they use a rest or bucket and sticks. I prefer it this way, as it shows the potential of a specific gun or barrel. I wouldn't want to rule out a nice gun in the future based on whether Bob had one cup of coffee or five on a particular day. 

Richie,

You've got great humor! I really enjoy you keyboard gun on the precision rest. 👍🏼

🔶 I always hope we're all honorable and truthful here on AGN — but life experience tells me that this might not always be so.

Still a good thing to encourage each other to be honest when we brag! 😊

And to do a sincere self-check...! 🤔

🔶 Half a year ago there's been some discussions about reporting realistic groups — not simply lucky groups.

("I can hit a golf ball at 250 yards!" vs. "After 89 shots I hit a golf ball at 250 yards.") 😄

Suggestions included:

(a) shoot 10-shot rather than 5-shot groups

(b) report three 10-shot groups that were shot back to back, or five 5-shot groups

(c) measure not extreme group spread (which weighs fliers more than anything else), but measure medium group radius (which is a statistically more defensible average of a group); a useful app for that is Range Buddy

(d) report shooting conditions, as mentioned above — offhanded, or with only the front rested, or front and buttstock rested, indoors, outdoors, wind conditions, etc.

Matthias

The thread was meant to be in jest, or humor which some seem to struggle with or seem to take EVERYTHING literally and choose to get offended. Kinda like not being able to see the forest because of all the trees. Those WHO GET IT, GET IT..and those who don't..oh well.By the way the target was a 10 shot group at 25 yards 18.13 JSB thru my Redwolf HP .22 WHEN it's shooting like a Redwolf should...