• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kevlar Sheets - Fabric Backstop?

Years back my gun club used a fabric curtain as a backstop for our 10 meter match rifles indoors over the winter. The fabric was used by archers to stop there arrows indoors and worked very well to stop our pellets. Unfortunately I dont know the name of the material, but those in archery might be familiar with it...

I looked at the archery backstop material, and it would work, however pricing is similar to that which is purpose designed from Creedmoor Sports-

https://lancasterarchery.com/products/high-performance-green-arrow-backstop-netting-10

Then check you local "truck tarp" company, they have all sorts of tough material and may well have some smaller scrap pieces that will suit your needs.

I went and bought a piece of Hockey pant nylon, two meters $.24 wholesale. They say they call it ballistic nylon but it’s not. I hung it up. HW80.25 first. Took a shot sounded like no pellet, loaded making sure didn’t fall out. Again sounded hollow, checked where I was aiming. Two holes, bloody material didn’t move. NFG. I know a few companies that would have Kevlar. Never bought, no need, I’ll check the prices. Crow