• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

keeping it nice and tight,,, not sloppy....,./

ok, im about to cut the foam insert of my new plaino gun case...i wanna keep mr new friend,, who i call freckles ,,,for the 3 gold freckles on my new hm1000x lrt stock,, from any anything that could cause any harm its way,,question is how to do this right the first time,,,ssssssssssssssssa forum member suggested a do it yourself column ...i agree it would be very helpful please help

I've done this several times. Here is my method. 

1. Carve a piece of white chalk to a pen-like tip.
2. Place the rifle on the foam & outline it with the chalk. Try to keep it tight. Remember you can always make it bigger but not smaller.
3. Use an electric knife to cut out the foam. I have an electric Rapala fishing knife, I've seen others use an electric turkey carving knife. Same same
4. Go slow, no need to rush. 

*This is assuming you have the 1 piece foam & not the little cubes you pluck out. I've never tried it on that kind. But steps 1 & 2 should help in plucking the right cubes.

Good luck