Katran Long .22

Bought a used Katran several months ago and when I got the Katran, I was very disappointed with the accuracy.
Untitled-92.jpg

I was looking for 30-32 ft-lb .22 and after seeing all the videos on this pcp, I had high hopes. When I first got the Katran, I was told nothing was done to it since he had it. I tried every pellet I had but nothing would group under an inch at 30 yards. I ran JSB 18's over the chrony and saw the fps was 1030+, and the 25 grains were 900+. I looked up videos on how to adjust the hammer and reg but I couldn't get this thing to shoot pellets or slugs to my expectations. The best I could get was about an inch at 30 yards with the 18.1 grains.
By then I was regretting buying this junk until I saw some tins of pellets I ordered before the pandemic. I remember adding these cheap pellets to the cart just so I can make the free shipping. When I received the pellets, nothing would shoot them until the Katran. Ho!y Sh$t can this Katran shoot these cheap pellets. All three groups are 5 shot groups.
KIMG0788.JPG

The only problem with these pellets is they don't fit in the mag and I have to feed the pellets one at a time using the mag. As you can see the plastic gears are wearing. Not sure how long this mag will last.
Untitled-94.jpg

Another problem I found is the end of the barrel and shroud. There is a gap between the barrel the shroud that could cause misalignment of the moderator. It was fixed with some tape to fill in the gap.
Untitled-93.jpg

30 shots Seneca 28.5 grains:
Hi - 856
Lo - 846
Av - 848 45.5 ft-lbs
ES - 10
SD - 3

Katran has pretty good barrels and you are shooting WAY TOO HOT to be consistently accurate.
I tried to lower the reg to many different pressures and tried tuning the Katran for 16, 18, and 25 grain JSB but like I said, the best group I got was from the 18 at about 850 fps. For some reason this Katran just doesn't like the JSB's.

I tried to lower the reg to many different pressures and tried tuning the Katran for 16, 18, and 25 grain JSB but like I said, the best group I got was from the 18 at about 850 fps. For some reason this Katran just doesn't like the JSB's.

Try higher reg and lower hammer combo, reduce hammer to minimum and raise the reg till you get to about 880-920FPS.

Last edited:
That’s a bummer, I’ve read many people happy with katran’s accuracy so maybe check the crown and polish the barrel? Maybe reach out to AGT for a replacement barrel? Doesn’t seem right.
It's shooting above my expectations with cheap pellets and would give my other tuned pellet guns a run. I'm ok with 45 ft-lbs

Reactions: qball