• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirMaks Arms Katran LB rattle

My "new to me" Katran LB .25 has a very noticeable rattle when handling it. There is a small gap between the outer diameter of the barrel and the inner diameter of the fluted shroud. That is what is causing the rattle when tapped gently. Is this by design or am I missing a bushing or something? I've attempted to attach a video that shows what I'm talking about Thanks.

PXL_20240114_142527808.jpg

My "new to me" Katran LB .25 has a very noticeable rattle when handling it. There is a small gap between the outer diameter of the barrel and the inner diameter of the fluted shroud. That is what is causing the rattle when tapped gently. Is this by design or am I missing a bushing or something? I've attempted to attach a video that shows what I'm talking about Thanks.

View attachment 425128
I'll have my buddy see if his does this today who lives near me. Unless someone else chimes in.

There is an equal gap of a few thousandths (not measured , just eyeballing) between the shroud and barrel. ....so the barrel is floating from the receiver outward and only contacts the shroud clover leaf area when gently tapping the shroud. I've removed/installed the shroud. It is secure against the receiver. Everything seems normal to me except that it rattles, which I have a hard time believing to be normal. Also, it does it without the mod and air stripper installed as well. I thought the extra weight on that long arm might contribute to the contact but it doesn't change a thing. Hmmmm

Mine has the UNF collar firmly affixed to the shroud so it’s difficult to see inside. However, there is no movement between the stripper and the barrel. It seems very unlikely that they would have metal to metal contact supporting that union so perhaps there should be a thin plastic bushing. Airmaks is very responsive to email.
Thanks, Weevil. I was just thinking perhaps a little bit of PTFE tape might work to keep metal off metal. I'll shoot AirMaks an email.

Also, on another note, I appreciate your time and effort working out the Caiman X regulator issue. I intend to perform that fix on mine in the near future (y)

Reactions: weevil