Katran .22 Cal Long 520 mm barrel

Ordered the Katran from Utah Airguns March 28 and received yesterday. Put it on the chrony and here are results right out of box:

Shooting JSB 18.13 GR :

LO 935.5

HI 934.8

AV 930.2

ES 9.30

SD 2.82

There are many neat features designed into the Katran and one is the magazine is below the scope rail. Today I plan on sighting in and constructing a range card. Squirrels are running all over my property and time to reduce the population.

I will try to post some more data and pictures later.

Shooting JSB 18.13 GR :

LO 935.5
HI 934.8
AV 930.2

I'm not certain how you got that average muzzle velocity with the high/low velocities you state, but point taken.

The Katrans definitely have an interesting mix of features with great magazines and triggers, high power and accuracy, and a nice design and build.

Congrats on your new gun. Your local ground squirrels are going to hate you soon!

Shooting JSB 18.13 GR :

LO 935.5
HI 934.8
AV 930.2

I'm not certain how you got that average muzzle velocity with the high/low velocities you state, but point taken.

The Katrans definitely have an interesting mix of features with great magazines and triggers, high power and accuracy, and a nice design and build.

Congrats on your new gun. Your local ground squirrels are going to hate you soon!

I would say low was 925.5, which would fit the es

OH OH !!!!

I was looking over my Katran when I spotted metal shavings between the barrel and air tube...looked like teeny weenie gray hairs LOL...SO i checked my Avenger which I filled to 3600 psi just before I tried to fill my Katran....more shavings...same goes for the DAR but not near as many metal shavings...(very small)
Gentleman my Umarex Ready Air is getting ready to take a major dump. I also checked my hand written time log that I started a year ago and fill times have been slowly INCREASING over time...from 3 min to 8-9 min until it took 42 minutes to fill the Katran to 200 bar this morning.
Now I have to clean 3 rifles tomorrow while the squirrels are playing in my back yard. LOL.
Been reading a compressor thread and I may purchase one of those disposable Amazon compressors. LOL

This is my Ready Air...one year and it takes a dump....On my log i noticed it was gradually increasing on fill times for the same rifles I was topping off. So i suggest everyone watch your data. Compressor temps were constant at 100 F- 105 F so that did not seem to be an issue.

modify_inline.gif